1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

'My Location' never works :-(

Last Updated:

1. JudithPrietht

JudithPrietht Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got the most recent version of Google Maps, and am running Froyo on an Orange branded handset.

Can never get 'My Location' to actually find me using the GPS, as it just says that my location is unavailable.

I wouldn't mind it using my mobile internet connection to find my location, but it's impossible to enable this option without allowing Google to hoover up my data connection keeping my location pinpointed, even when no apps are running.

Anyone else have problems with their GPS? The icon in the task bar displays the GPS with green flashing 'signal' bars - does the fact that they're flashing mean it's unable to hold a signal?

really annoying that my Nokia 5800 was better at maps and location than a Google phone :(

Advertisement
  2. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Mine works fine using either GPS or WiFi. I'm using a Desire with FroYo on T-Mobile - not sure if it's network equivalent or not.

3. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

You are outside when you use GPS and you have enabled it in settings, haven't you?

:D

4. ct2020

ct2020 Well-Known Member

I too have this issue.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Not quite. It means that your GPS receiver is unable to get a fix for some reason.

Get GPS Status and try its feature to reset your GPS.