My Location ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. indubitably

indubitably Member This Topic's Starter

My G1 cannot find my location even when im outdoor and have gps turned on.. i was wondering if there is a way to calibrate it.. at first it couldnteven find my location.but now it says im in a location that im really not in.. any help would be appreciated thanks

Advertisement
  2. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

I would test this vs someone else who has a gps just to make sure its the device and not the area/conditions you're in. Find someone with a GPS/iPhone/ or other G1. Or failing that go to a t-mobile store and have them take a look. Could be a dead antenna. :(

3. airprakken

airprakken Member

It should be able to locate you wrt to the towers as well. My GPS works fine but I can turn GPS off, run "Maps" "My Location" and then it gives a pretty good estimate of where the tower is that I'm using. I compared that against online tower databases and it makes sense.

If you are outside and not substantially blocked from the sky by buildings, tall hills or very thick trees, you should get GPS location. If not, I agree that it could be a hardware problem. It sometimes takes a while on the GPS, however, especially when you first get it (i.e. the phone has no idea where it is).

4. indubitably

hm well.. it can find a place near by..like nearby as in..5 miles or so..but that isnt exactly where i am.. is 5 miles considered accurate?

5. indubitably

and i tested with my friends instinct and girlfriends iphone..and theres finds exactly where they are

6. furrbrain

furrbrain Member

I found putting only the gps location method in settings helps.