My location problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. bwxd

bwxd Member This Topic's Starter

alright so here it is, my gps is perfectly fine i tested it with google maps and sprint nav. but the problem is for the clock and weather widgets or anything that needs my location my phone cant seem to find it and says that im in the united states so def not accurate if i want the right weather forecast someone please help thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. ceabbott2

ceabbott2 Well-Known Member

My wifes phone has the same problem. Recently updated to froyo and ever since the location will not go back to my hometown. I can add a city nearby but not our city. It worked prior to the update. Stays the same city no matter what! Thanks for any advice. I am going to do a battery pull.

3. ceabbott2

ceabbott2 Well-Known Member

I saw a thread here and I went to the settings,applications, manage applications, running tab scroll down to HTC Sync Weather Provider and hit clear cache and clear data (I think) on the data part. I believe once you clear the data you will need to go to the home screen and re enter your city. Hope this helps it worked for my wifes. Although the city it shows now is a small community in the county. When I tried to input my city it did not offer that option only surrounding cities. The reason it is showing the smaller community I am guessing is possibly the location of the cell tower???? I don't know but good luck.:eek: Oh I have an Evo too and my city is the same as her now.