my love/hate relationship with the DincGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I returned my Motorola Droid on April 19th to order the Dinc. I loved the Motorola Droid but i like sense and the 8mp camera. I received the Dinc on April 21st and have had problems since day one. I love the camera, the sense, and the color of the screen. The Dinc can do some many cool things, but I have had more problems then I can image. Since day one my MMS won't download, I'm using stock app and have auto retrieve set. I got a replacement thinking that would fix it, wrong. My second Dinc blown speaker, mms problem, and a lot more. Third Dinc blown speaker two weeks after I got it, also mms problem. Yes the mms is a problem for me bc I do about 20 a week. Verizon is sending me my fourth Dinc. I wonder if its time to use an upgrade and bail on the Dinc.

Advertisement
  2. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Probably.

3. parri1l

parri1l Well-Known Member

Sucks about the mms problem. I have no solutions for you, I just know mine works. I hope you get it all figured out so you can remain a member of the DIncs.

4. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

That is totally odd you have all those problems...Sorry to hear it...

5. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. No problems here since April 29th.

6. mach1man

Yea it kinda stinks bc I like the incredible but just way to many problems. I'm thinking of jumping to the DX and see how it is. I didn't have problems with the original Droid so hope the X's is less problematic.

7. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that this is off topic, but I think calling this phone the Dinc is dumb. I have been on this board a while, but it has always bothered me. Why can't we just call it the Incredible? It's not much more to type. Sorry for the rant.

Jessie, emilywebs and b1gg134 like this.
  8. tmellen

tmellen Active Member

Same here -- got mine a day before release from pre-ordering it. Haven't had a single hardware problem yet. Software -- That's all my fault. Rooting and hacking and whatnot, but I expect that. Currently it's running smooth and doing everything I want, with a battery that lasts 20+ hours (underclock while screen is off does wonders).

9. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

I am getting my 3rd Incredible this week all for blown speakers. There has got to be a way to prevent this.

10. b1gg134

b1gg134 Well-Known Member

LOL I thought I was the only one, I always call it the Incredible. Calling it the DInc makes it sound like a toy. I also never call it the Droid Incredible .. it is either the HTC Incredible or just the Incredible.

11. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

I find it so weird that so many people have had issues with the phone and mine has been fine since I snagged it just after launch (May 3). Are there a bunch of lemon Incredibles floating around out there?

Regardless, I hope you either get a working Incredible or a suitable replacement phone.

12. mach1man

Well its the END for me. I upgraded to the droid x. I will miss somethings about the Incredible like the colors but Im just having no luck with the Incredible. I'll continue to check in and see whats going on. Well everyone in joy your incredibles.

13. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

I had my Dinc since day 1 and MMS works perfectly and my speaker's still going strong. I actually play it pretty loud from day to day when showering, cooking, and working out. The speaker's not the best I've ever had in a phone (that goes to my BB Bold 9000) but it's holding strong!

Sorry to hear you had problems! A friend of mine actually wanted the Dinc, but got frustrated waiting for it to get back in stock and got a DX. I played around with it a bit, but it's way too big for me. I think he felt the same way, in fact I seemed more excited than him to check it out at first. Oh well, that's why Android is great--more options to suit everyone!

:)

14. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

haha i'll trade you my droid x for your incredible :)

Seriously, i think on a lot of phones MMS is an issue

most of the time my mms won't download unless i keep repetitively hitting it OVER AND OVER again for it to download it

this has happened on my droid, eris, droid x and my one day with my incredible

and you can't be connected to wi-fi when you download mms(that is what somebody told me)

I am having a love hate relationship with my droid x and i am considering the incredible but i am a little nervous reading about the issues people are having

15. Whohulkwalk

Whohulkwalk Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you but I have seen it on here so many times I have started using it I'm gonna stop and start typing DroInc

16. Whohulkwalk

Whohulkwalk Well-Known Member

oh yeah I forgot.......dude that sucks your Dro Inc's are messing up I hope nothing happens to mine.............................ps.i mean no disrespect but carmendiva damn your fine:D

17. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

Remember people post problems. thats basically what forums a for.;)
    for every problem posts, there are thousands apon thousands of happy campers.

18. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

lol thank you hon

19. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

My 3rd DInc is an angel........ <-- Shouldn't have to be that way. The 1st one I got pre-launch and it was buggy and had a mind of it's own and acted like a brat. I dropped 2ft to the ground & that one and the screen cracked.

DInc number 2 had a screen clarity issues (fuzzy) and had a pink screen. I love pink it's my favorite color for everything but my phone screen.

DInc #3 is what #1 & #2 should have been.

As many of us were early adapters we have to be prepared to ride out the kinks and bugs.

20. random155

random155 Well-Known Member

Whats up with MMS... on my eris, it downloaded automatically. Now on my incredible I hve to manually download it.... meaning In only hve to hit download, but would much rather have it do it automatically, so when i open the message i see the pic.

21. incredibull

incredibull Member

I think dinc sounds dumb also. In a country where everything has to have a silly little nickname, even drinc would sound better...

22. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

No issues with MMS here but I get the low storage notification every 3-4 weeks it seems regardless of now having about 25 added apps on the phone and a clear trash and sent box in Gmail. It's annoying to have to factory reset every month but I still love the phone.

23. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Do people with MMS problems have them with Handcent?

As for the DInc debate, I can;t say without chuckling "I love my DInc"

I use DI for short sometimes. Sometimes Incy.... time for a thread on this.

24. Valka

Valka Well-Known Member

I run that speaker at maximum volume pretty much every day (streaming Pandora on my way to the office or in my workshop) and I got it at launch. No problems at all.

You guys are making me wish I'd bought an insurance plan...

25. neyel8r

neyel8r Well-Known Member

sucks to hear about so many issues! i've not had any problems yet & my battery is beginning to last a lot longer. i've had mine for 10 days.