• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My mail flipped out...now phone is laggy and forcing close a lot! HELP!!

CFD323

Mar 31, 2010
My Inc has been working flawlessly since I got it on the release day...until today...

I went to change my comcast email address on my laptop; followed by going into my email settings on my Inc to change the password there as well. That's when all my problems started! My mail stopped working...just a blank white screen and eventually it would give me a force close window. I tried to get rid of the mail acct and re-enter it, but no luck...just locking up over and over. I tried turning off the phone and when I turned it back on, I was getting force close messages for tons of things during bootup. So I went ahead and did a master reset on the phone. After spending a couple hours of getting the phone back to where I had it originally, it seemed like everything was good..and my email was working fine...that's until I received a phone call and afterwards, the hangup screen got stuck. The phone hung up the call, but the screen was stuck and I couldn't get the call screen to close out. I ended up having to turn the phone off again. When I powered it back up, it's laggy.

Does anyone know what might have happened? I have not installed any new apps in quite a while. If it doesn't get any better, I'll be taking a trip to Verizon tomorrow, although I like my AMOLED Inc, and don't necessarily want one of the replacement LCD ones.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones