my microsd card erased itself!Support

Last Updated:

1. ganonkenobi

ganonkenobi New Member

Hello all, long time reader, first time poster.

After using this site through Google to solve many problems I have faced over 3 android phones, I have finally reached a point to which I find myself creating an account just to ask you guys for help.

I was at work last night, my galaxy s2 skyrocket was approximately halfway charged and I receive a call from my fianc

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

You have pulled the card and verified ot is all gone?

Or connected as a hard drive and explored the files???

Odd indeed...i have never seen in
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

It is not uncommon for a MicroSD card to fail unexpectedly. It could have been something as simple as static discharge. Remove it from the phone and try to read it using a card reader. If it shows that it is formatted but the files are not there, you might be able to get some of them back using a utility like Recuva.

If it is not recognizable, you may want to try a few different computers if you have access to them ... better if they are running different OS's like OS X or Linux. IF all else fails, try formatting. A truly dead card won't respond to anything you attempt and at that point, you'll have to replace it.
  4. Multimzain

Multimzain New Member

hey i did connect my sd card as a hard drive and used foldermount, every once in a while the apk files get deleted , is it because of using a file manager ??? because if this is the reason i could stop using it

PLZ ANSWER FAST !!!!! i need help from you guys its my first android tablet (Dell Venue 7)
  5. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Well-Known Member Contributor

I have no idea what you are asking, you are saying apk files are being deleted from your sd card?

Is it only that type of file?
  6. Multimzain

Multimzain New Member

I rooted my Dell Venue 7 so i can use fildermount , when i mount obb files they work perfectly , but after a while all apk files get deleted from the sd card, is it because of clean master ?? cause everytime i use it this happens , and yes it is the only type of file that gets deleted . sorry for not being able to speak english well