My mind keeps wandering to blackberry...

Last Updated:

1. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I dont know where to start here.. I know I have the superior device.. I know my DROID is faster and more customizable and I damn well know that I would be back if I switched to a blackberry but I keep thinking about that keyboard and how much I loved the feel of my 8900...

Do any other android lovers like me want to go to something like the bold but know that you would be back to android? Should I just use my wifes upgrade and get a bold for the fix I need? Do I need an intervention!??!

This post is mainly for fun and to say whats on my mind but I would really like to know if there is anyone else on this community that peeks at crackberry.com now and then and feel a little bit of temptation??

Advertisement
  2. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

I switched to Android when I bought the Incredible a few months ago. Prior to that I had a BB. Since the day I bought my DInc, I haven't looked back. Not even a glimpse at Crackberry.com or the like, I wouldn't dare cheat on Android like that.

3. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Get Swype.

You'll never want to touch a physical keyboard again.

4. rizzla

rizzla Well-Known Member

or shapewriter its free which is like swype, they plan to take it off the market on 20th June so get in there now. hard to go back to any other type of keyboard after using that or swype.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

One size does not fit all with smartphones -- or most things in life, for that matter. If you think you want a BB then by all means get one. Why do you need others to tell you to do so?

It's entirely possible that the BB is a better fit for you. It's also entirely possible that you've managed to forget some important and painful lessons. Nothing like seeing for yourself first hand though...

As much as I prefer my 8310's keyboard it's certainly not worth switching back IMO. Actually, the 8310 has been rotated in place of my former work BB so I use it almost daily. I wouldn't miss if it I didn't have it though.

...also highly subjective. I love Swype but it's not a one-size-fits-all solution either.

6. graff_king

graff_king Well-Known Member

I have both platforms and use them according to what I am feeling at the moment. But to be honest, blackberry is going away soon as its sold

7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I don't like how (some) people are hailing swype as the savior of touch screens and the impending doom of hardware qwerty. I mean, I have it, and its nice, I use it ocassionally for quick yes/no etc replys. But when typing long reply's or emails, it just doesn't cut it IMO. (Vs a real keyboard. I mean, it can be very inaccurate at times, and its nowhere near as fast as a real keyboard. Plus there's that whole tactile feed backthing. Vibrations just aren't like key presses...

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

8. Railz

Railz Well-Known Member

Whenever I play with my friend's Droid, I find myself always using the virtual keyboard. I can't be bothered with the physical keyboard. It is quicker for one and in landscape actually easier to use.

9. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I had swype for a bit but never really jumped on the band wagon. The way I see it, it's going to take along time for me to forget what a traditional qwerty keyboard on a phone felt like. When I had my crapberry, I thought I was one of the quickest typers this side of the Mississippi. I've had the DInc for a few months now and have yet to become as proficient with it as I was with my BB.

10. IOWA

I'm pretty fast on my moment and was fast on my tp2. I like people who don't like physical qwerty have hand/eye coordination or muscle memory issues. Personal theory though. I like the fact that I can type without looking at the keyboard, and when in IM or tapatalk it doesn't take up half the freakin' screen.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

11. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

I went from HTC Magic to Palm Pre (on it's UK launch day). 2 months later I went back to the Magic, then sold the Pre to part-fund my Nexus One. I'm Android for life now I think (or at least the next few years) - I'll rely on the OS updates to give me that 'new gadget' fix. :D

12. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member

The only thing I miss about Blackberry is the superior email and superb BB IM.

There are way more things I like about my HTC desire. i will not be going back. Not even a close call.

13. IOWA

GTalk > BBM