My Moment and I went to the Sprint store to check out the EpicGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ever see the Albert Brooks "Defending Your Life?"

Brooks is at the BMW dealership picking up his new 3-Series. He gets everything squared away with his salesman, who leads him out to the lot. As Brooks and the salesman are walking outside, Brooks spies a 750 in his line of view and he's speechless.

"God, it's GORGEOUS. It's HUGE, bigger than I imagined," he blurts out.

The salesman looks puzzled, then realizes Brooks's mistake. "No, that's the 750. Your car is over there," he says as he points to a BMW 325 off to the side.

Brooks is crestfallen. "My car looks like a turd now. Here's a tip: Don't show the 750 first next time," he laments.

Yesterday, I liked my Moment. Today, I think its a turd.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Yep...

For me it was at first comparing the Moment to my iPhone, and then when the Droid came out with the 3.7" screen, I was like "crap"... I still enjoy my moment, but I can't wait to get a bigger screen...

3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Your "turd" costs you $120 less per year to use. I'm in the middle of my contract and not entitled to any discounts, as are the vast majority of Moment owners. I could get ~$150 for the Moment on Ebay, so considering the 4g tax it would cost me an additional $490 over the remainder of my current contract (14mo) to upgrade to a Epic. Way too much IMO, especially considering the less than spectacular 4G (wimax) speeds reported so far. Add to that the big battery hit that makes many Evo users leave 4g off unless they absolutely have to use it. Right now, there's no wimax available to me, so a Sprint 4g phone is out of the question. Even if it were available, if I have to keep it off to maintain battery life, it's not very attractive to me. I'm far more impressed with what TMobile is doing with hsdpa+ and will strongly consider them when my contract comes due.

4. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

ever since going with custom rom I love my moment even more, no longer the "turd" it used to be, wireless tether rocks

5. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Which custom ROM did you go with?

6. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

Interceptor Final running inferno kernel from android mobile support web site