My Moment seems.....Support

Last Updated:

1. Lii

Lii Active Member This Topic's Starter

....dead. I've had my moment for 6 months and it's already seemed to have lost all of it's life. Even with 2.1. it's unbelievably slow, shuts on and off at random and half way works so I decided to finally root.

However, now that I have rooted, what's next??? The whole "back-up" process is frustrating because either the back-up app doesn't support my phone OR it cannot detect that I have root access.

Help????

Advertisement
  2. edp

edp Well-Known Member

what type of backup are you talking about? the backup you made in recovery?

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

If you have the stock ROM don't bother backing up your NAND. Use Astro File manager to back up your apps, SMS back up or mybackup to back up your SMS. Export your contacts to microSD card just in case.

You need to install a ROM with a custom recovery. I recommend Radioactive FroYo.

Look at the simple root instructions thread for how to do this.

After you go on a custom ROM things should be a lot faster. My Moment was sluggish at the end, with 5-10 seconds to open the phone, on stock ROM.

4. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I also agree with RadioActive FroYo. I'm running 1.8.7 and no issues with my Moment pretty much. Runs a lot better then stock.

5. Lii

Well actually, I'm not so sure if a back-up was made because ROM Manager doesn't support my device so nothing is back-up yet. So far, all I did was root using SuperOneClick because I sooo don't know what I'm doing:( But, thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'll try RadioActive FroYo. I appreciate the help:)

6. Lii

Wait....How can I flash a custom ROM when ROM Manager/Flash ClockworkMod Recovery doesn't support my device????

7. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I'm not understanding your question.

If you follow the simple root instructions it installs a custom recovery that allows you to install any ROM you want.

8. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

No one needs rom manager! Once you've installed an alternate recovery, flash and backup can be done there very easily. The only thing rom manger does for the devices it supports is to slightly simplify the process.

9. Lii

Thanks guys, my understanding of ROM Manager was flighty...I appreciate the clarification:)