My Motorola Droid won't start up rightSupport

Last Updated:

1. makeamove1999

makeamove1999 Guest This Topic's Starter

This morning I attempted to call my voicemail. It dialed but I could not hear anything. I took the battery out, figuring that it just needed a reset. When I turned the phone back on now all it will do is give me the white droid word and the red eye logo. It just keeps cycling this over and over; it will not start up. I have tried to take the battery out many times and that doesn't help. I have tried to plug it in to a wall charger which didn't work, either. Any help would be appreciated. I need my phone to work!

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Try removing the battery, then plugging the charger up (with the battery still out), and then finally inserting the battery and see if that helps....
  3. Artu

Artu Active Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Mine has done this at least 3 times, but not because of the battery; it just started it on its own.

I had to force the bare-metal restore with the power on holding the X button trick.

Otherwise it cycled on this for over an hour till I got tired of waiting to see what would happen.

Once I could not get it to work from a bare-metal restore until I took the sd-ram card out, backed it all up, and then deleted everything on it so it was fresh and clean.

I later then restored my pictures and videos from the backup.

Now before folks talk about downloading apps causing the problem, I am very very conservative about not downloading any apps I don't need.

So far the only apps I use are Weather Channel, Astro, Tricorder, and WiFi analyzer.