My music after update

Last Updated:

1. nikkihp79

nikkihp79 Member This Topic's Starter

After the update, all my music became unknown artist. And also, swype is not working. I really need help please. Thanks in Advance

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

I saw some people having success switching their input type back to default, typing some stuff, and then switching back to swype. Didn't work for me. You can still peck-type with swype, but actual swiping doesn't work.

So I uninstalled the app and reinstalled the swype installer. logged in and got the swype app and reinstalled. Now it's working again.

I don't have the "unknown artist" problem.

nikkihp79 likes this.
  3. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Swype is working just fine for me and all my songs still have their information intact. The damage is only my playlists. I have almost 20 playlists with 3K+ songs, it would take me forever to add all my songs in the playlist. :(

4. nikkihp79

I erased all my music and put it back on and its still returned to unknown artist lucky for me I only have 680 songs on mine

5. AirdaleDucky

AirdaleDucky Member

I am also having this same problem. Is there anyway to refresh the songs?

6. rickyspears

rickyspears New Member

I experienced the "Unknown Artist" problem with all my music when I upgraded my Motorola Droid to 2.2. To resolve it, I simply unmounted the SD card and then mounted it again (This is in th SD Card and Storage settings). It took it several minutes to re-index everything, but it worked. Let us know if this works for you.

zcarman likes this.
  7. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Ditto on the Moment 2.1 update - had all sorts of fun with playlists/Unknowns - then pulled the card to add a movie or something and poof - it all came back!

8. nikkihp79

I tried that and it didn't work for me. Thanks anyway. Anybody else have any suggestions?

9. chrisaking

chrisaking New Member

"Upgraded" to Froyo yesterday. Most (but not all) of my music listed under "Unknown Artist". Tried unmounting SD card, then removing SD card, then did the whole, long, involved, "How to Fix Froyo" procedure, and still most of my music is by "Unknown Artist." HTC Evo. Any new suggestions?

10. ClearOpacity

ClearOpacity New Member

I am having the same issue. Deleting and putting the music back on my card did not help, making sure all the tags were correct did not help, and unmounting and remounting the sd did not help.

WTF. I am so angry it is ******ed.

11. vacoray

vacoray Active Member

I used Media Monkey to sync my music to my evo. I had to configure my device (EVO) to this \Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Artist> - <Title> what this does is create a Music folder on the sd card and then the subfolders.
    Example

Music\.38 Special\Wild-Eyes Southern Boys\.38 Special-Hold on Loosely.mp3

You would want to make a backup of all your music (mp3's) Create a folder on your pc, then copy all your mp3's to that folder, then delete the music folder on your sd card.
    Media Monkey will create a new Music folder with all the subfolders on your sd card. This was the only way i could get all the album art and correct file info to work. This is providing that all your mp3's are tagged properly.