My music library is a freaking mess!!

Last Updated:

1. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Duplicate tracks of different bitrates, misnamed or unnamed files, ID3 tags and even filenames that are wildly inaccurate (wrong artist), etc.

I have 270gb or so of music, so manually sorting this out is NOT an option, lol.

Been using MediaMonkey for years and that really helps. iTurnes screwed it way up and made it worse.

Anybody have any good programs that will help me sort this all out?

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

MP3 Tag

3. devEndure

devEndure Member

Yeah I know how ya feel, i have over 350GB of music. The only way to keep everything organized is to store your music in files (Band --> Albums) and avoid those music programs. I have my music saved on a different partition than my C: drive so when I tried using iTunes for my first time it automatically tried to copy all those music files into my c: drive from drive D. I uninstalled that iTunes within minutes after that. Dont care that much for iTunes anyways..

4. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah iTunes irritates me. MM is WAY better. I introduced a couple old roommates to MediaMonkey (both Computer Engineering majors) and they both uninstalled iTunes within a couple days.

5. Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl Well-Known Member

It's all a matter of setting it up.

I've been using itunes for years (because of ipod) and all my music is neatly placed like so:
    f:\ipod\artist\album\# song title