My Mytouch 3G Phone

Last Updated:

1. Raging

Raging Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just got a Mytouch 3G. Here are some pics with the packaging :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The phone is pretty cool, there is no camera button so you have to hold the camera button that is on the screen. The trackball glows when someone calls, which is another cool feature. It comes with a earphones and a package of replacement pads for the earphones.

The charger is pretty slick too, it requires you to plug the USB cable into the charger, so it is pretty portable. The phone is slick, unlike the old one, it does not feel like a piece of plastic. Unlike the previous phone, the battery is easier to take out, you just push and slide the back off.

So far the phone is awesome. Good replacement for the G1.

Advertisement
  2. MonkeyK

MonkeyK Well-Known Member

Nice! Please keep us updated with your impressions!

3. pklee

pklee New Member

Can you confirm the amount of ram on the phone? Seems to be the big question going around.

4. Raging

I'm guessing it is 300mb. Because I currently have 277mb and I have some installed programs on it.

Update: Also, I found out that there will be 3 colors available for the MyTouch 3G. It will be available in White, Black and Merlot.

5. BigNeil

BigNeil New Member

Hello Fellow Tmo Rep. I to just got my Mytouch coming from a curve. Have you found or know of a App that allows for some kind of UMA or WIFI calling. I only get 1 bar at home which made the curve uma convenient.

Thanks in advance.

6. Raging

From what I hear from an HTC Rep, they said that 3G does not work well with UMA/Wifi calling, therefore most new phones that support 3G, such as the G1, Mytouch, Touch Pro 2, Dash 3G and all others, does not support UMA. Hope that helps.

7. Raging

Here is the merlot color MyTouch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

How does it run? I know it has similar specs of the G1, but does it run smoother? I would hate to have that device without a hardware keyboard, only for the VK to be all sluggish and stupid. What are your impressions on it?

9. Raging

Its a bit more smooth, but it could be because I'm not running as much apps as I was with the G1. The MyTouch definitely loads much faster than the G1. My G1 loads up in about a minute and the MyTouch loads up around 30 seconds.

No keyboard is a bit of a problem, especially the auto-correction, when it corrects me on 'lol' and smiley faces. Although you can turn that off. The on screen keyboard is about the same as the G1, it cant catch up to your typing if you type too fast, unlike the iphone which is much smoother. Another problem is that the Mytouch does not have a camera button, so you have to resort to the on screen button. Pain in the ass.

But, so far the phone is really nice, I like the look of it, there are some problems but it is not major problems. I would prefer a keyboard, but i'll live :)

10. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

You can use the track ball to take pictures..

11. Raging

LOL! I didn't know that. Haha. I learn something new everyday! Thanks, that makes it much easier.

12. sirsilent

sirsilent Active Member

I thought the phone is not available yet? How come that some people already got it?

13. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

14. MonkeyK

MonkeyK Well-Known Member

15. likwidtek

likwidtek New Member

I got to play with one of these at the T-Mobile store in Tempe, AZ at Scottsdale road and the loop 202. It was SEXY! Much lighter than the G1, much thinner too. It "felt" the same speed as the G1, however I didn't get to use it long. Not sure if I can live with on screen keyboard but I imagine I could adapt no matter what.

I'm thinking I might wait until August for this phone. It was nice.

16. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

my bad. i copied the wrong link. i was reading up on the hero, so for some reason i pasted it. lol.

17. bobgaron

bobgaron Active Member

Does that store have them for demo or for sale?

OR how did u get to play with it? One of the clerks have it?

I live in Chandler and will go up there and check it out tomorrow if that's the case.

18. likwidtek

likwidtek New Member

The clerk had one. Not for sale yet.

19. Raging

Yeah, most stores have a demo version available in all three colors. Some clerks may already own, because each market gave 25 to each HTC ambassador.

Also, I have found something interesting on the MyTouch, if you look closely at where the LED is, there are actually 2 of them instead of one, like on the G1. The left LED doesn't seem to serve any purpose yet.

20. bk_brownie

bk_brownie New Member

does the mytouch have the connect the dot screen lock like the G1?

21. Shel

Shel Well-Known Member

Yes. It's the exact same operating system as the G1, so EVERYTHING is the same, as far as the Operating System.

It does come with two additional apps, visual voicemail and exchange support (called, I believe, work mail)

Eveything the G1 has, the myTouch has, except the physical keyboard.

22. Professor Z

Professor Z New Member

I had an iphone, and a G1, and was gonna sell both to get this phone, when I saw that it has no keyboard. now i will not buy it. cant believe they ruined the phone like this. typing on a screen is absolute crap. worst idea ever

23. likwidtek

likwidtek New Member

Then just get the G1... the mytouch is just a thinner lighter virtual keyboard g1. Specs are the same aside from 256MB more storage space if I recall correctly.