my MyTouch waaaay too slow in comparison.. ideas?

Last Updated:

1. mscroggi

mscroggi Member This Topic's Starter

I was in a store yesterday where I was able to play with a Moto droid. I was FLOORED at how much snappier and slick than my TMO Mytouch 3G.. I could easily get menus and screens flying around so fast, I had to pause from time to time to take in what I was looking at...

I know the Droid has a different CPU, but the mhz is close to what the myTouch has.. Is the huge speed difference because the Droid is running 2.0?

I dont run a lot of resident apps or widgets on my phone.. I have tried the different desktops, and settled on the dxTop because of its relative speed.. Any ideas?

I am so bummed about my myTouch!..

Advertisement
  2. sensesfail99

sensesfail99 Well-Known Member

really?!?!? i think the mytouch is a lot nicer looking phone. The moto droid looks like a hunk of garbage.

3. webdave

webdave Active Member

The speed increase is caused by 2 factors, the newer processor in the Droid and Android 2.0. You will see a speed increase when you load Android 2.0 but it will still be slower than the Droid/Nexus due to the CPU.

4. mscroggi

I agree the myTouch looks slicker than the droid. but looks is absolutely secondary to functionality. That Droid kicked my myTouch's ass.. I am hopeful Android 2.x will help the performance..

5. mscroggi

I was so annoyed with the sluggish performance, I researched a little and rooted my phone. (gotta love youtube!)

I loaded the hero rom, and got the same snappy performance I was seeing on the Moto Droid. awesome.. It proves the sluggishness is due to the software.

I didnt like the fact it was based on 1.5 so I loaded cyanogen 4.2.13..

AWESOME!.. so fast, slick... I am loving this!

CyanogenMod Wiki