• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MY N7100 has no IP address

Bazra73

Lurker
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Long time reader, first time poster - apologies if this has been covered anywhere else before - Noob here.

I bricked my N7100 and re-installed stock firmware via odin before updating to the current firmware via Kies (4.1.2).

However, during the whole sorry process, I appear to have wiped out the ability to use WIFI on my phone - it won't turn on.

Bythis I mean it just clicks off and can't locate any networks.

I have an IP address showing in "about device", however when I go into the Wifi advanced settings, it shows that the IP address is "Unavailable"

Can any of you king gents/ladies out there give any advice/help on this if it's been come across before?

Apologies if this is old hat and has been covered before, I did find lots of information on WIFI issues, but none seemed to be like mine.
:thinking:

Hi

Its odd that about device shows an ip if the wifi is off. Is it one you would expect from your wifi network?

Do you have tethering enabled by mistake? (Probably not but just a thought)

Try rebooting your router - I recall somewhere a similar issue that this resolved.

Is it possible that your previous custom? rom install flashed a new radio which is not compatible with the stock rom?

Roger

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones