• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my needs are simple, everything is too complex

hi all

i searched and searched but.

i want to browse my itunes lib around the house over wifi.

i dont want to watch videos or down load artwork
i dont want to sync my library or download into the phone
i dont want to shop with itunes

i just want to play the files which are in my mac desktop connected to my lan network on my htc desire..

is there an app??

thanks in advance

Hmm... If you've bought into iTunes and Mac OS then I'd wonder why you've not gone for an iPhone? It all syncs-up and they talk to each other really well (or so I hear).

I'd search for DLNA apps if I were you. You can use DLNA to access media over-WiFi and I'd imagine there's a reasonable number of apps and server software you can try-out. You'll probably have to go through hoops to get your media DLNAing out of iTunes, though.

Upvote 0
OP, if you're home when you do this, there's always the option of using remote access software over Wi-Fi to remotely control your PC. Also, I believe the app called Doubletwist attempts to be an iTunes clone. If you get that working, it may function for what you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones