My New Experia X10General

Last Updated:

1. Elias.S

Elias.S New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys ,

I just picked up a white Xperia X10 from Rogers Wireless (Cell Carrier in Canada) and I was unable to install/find Skype app in the Android Market!
    Also, I do not know how to use the flash or the "camera light" to help take pictures in low light. Last but not least, I draged and dropped couple songs and rigtunes this morning from my desktop to the Phone Memory Card, But I could not find what I transferred to the phone card?!!!!

Could you please help !

Much appreicated

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Sorry don't know about the Skype app.

The flash is accessed by pressing the settings button (four small squares) when you have the camera open. Click on Advances settings then camera light. Its not exactly easy to acces quickly!! (Unless someone knows a short cut?)

For the drag and dropped files try using a file manager like Astro or linda from the market. I had this prob with pics I'd dragged and dropped, they were on the sd card but it wasn't recognising them in pics. I created subfolders/albums in the picture file and it could then see them. Don't know if its the same for music as I dont use phone for that.

Also other good apps to have are Advanced Task Killer and Juice Defender to help with your battery life both free on the market.

Hope this helps a bit!

3. Elias.S

Elias.S New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks very much for the quick response.

I'll try to get the mentioned apps later today, hopefully that'll fix the issue.

4. rosered

Just had a look on the Skype site and although its compatible with Vivaz and Satio its not with the X10. Helpful much.... I don't think so!

5. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

In addition to what rose said, you could also use Media Go to transfer music, vids, pics easily to your X10 as this automatically puts them in the proper place so you can access them easily/readily in Mediascape.

I also use Astro for file managing as it comes in handy and if you want to install apps that were downloaded to your computer after transferring them to your phone. Hope this helps!

6. rosered

D'oh... why didn't I think of that. Blooming newbs:eek: Too darn impatient and just plugged it in and went for it. Good advice!