My new Mytouch 4G is acting crazy...Support

Last Updated:

1. alleygurl2010

alleygurl2010 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just activated Friend Stream with Facebook on my new Mytouch 4G. Then I went to MyFav's to check things out, and this message pops up...

"Sorry! The application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Well I press force close and it goes back to my home page, a 'loading' box appears, and then goes back to the previous "Sorry!" message. Even if you don't press force close, it will continually cycle back and forth.

I really don't know what to do! Any help is greatly appreciated!

AlleyGurl

Advertisement
  2. vnguyen972

vnguyen972 Active Member

Did you try to reboot the phone? see if that helps.. just turn power it off and then turn it back on...

3. ashleyangel1011

ashleyangel1011 New Member

I’m having the same problem with my phone. I’ve had it for 2 days haven’t used it much and tonight I set up the qik video chat and it said new updates. So I updated it now I’m getting the htc sense process com.htc.launcher has stopped message and it does the force close and it just flashed and back and forth from the 2 screens. When I click on any of the button nothing happens I've taken the battery out and left it out for several mins. Nothing works. Actually when I took the battery out it got worse. I don’t have apps on it I haven’t had time to play with it, and the only call I’ve made was to t-moble. And another thing I’ve noticed the voicemail symbol is always in the top corner and it always says i have a new voicemail. I called it about 10 times and checked no mesgs I set up the VM and its still there. I called tech support and they reset it and its still there. I took it to the store and they said O all the phones do that... Really I didn’t pay $250 for it not to work right. I’m new to T-mobile switched from Verizon, honestly I only switched so I could get this phone. My husband is currently deployed overseas and having the video chat on the phone is really handy. Well it should be really handy when I can use it. Could I have a bad phone? I’m just a little ticked, I want my phone to work it’s not too much to ask for. It just seems like issue after issue with t-moble, 3 issues in 2 days really? They also said it was impossible to put your account on hold or suspend for more than 30 days without paying the disconnect fee!! So they offered to do it and collect the disconnect fee…. Really? I knew for a fact that for military deployments they will hold the account for up to 3years… So I called the 1800# and they offered to do it and said they don’t charge military for suspending the line and said they were probably screwing with me because they were worried about their commission… Sorry for the rant!!!

4. dizzyd89

dizzyd89 Member

sounds like you are having bad luck, I came to T-Mobile from Sprint, (The MT4G was a factor in me doing so) but the biggest factor was customer service, so far 9 out of 10 times I have had really good experiences with T-Mobile representatives, only once did I have a so-so experience.

But back to the phone issue, the voicemail notification SHOULD go away when you pull down the top menu and click clear notifications, if all of those things are happening and you aren't satisfied, granted you are within the first 14 days of your new contract you can request a brand new phone at no cost (buyers remorse). If you dont qualify for that, call customer service tell them your phone is giving you troubles and just request a new one. Worst case scenario they will send you a refurbished one which on such a new phone would be like new.

Knock on wood, I havent had any problems with mine, but when you take out the battery make sure you shut it down with the power button first. You should only take out the battery as an extreme last resort.

Good luck with everything!

5. gohausmachine

gohausmachine Well-Known Member

How did this go from issues with the phone to suspending the account for the military?