• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My New Note 4 is Awesome !!!

GadgetJim

Nov 18, 2015
Just got my new Note 4 several days ago (T-Mobile). Came preinstalled with Lollipop 5.1.1. I've been using my Note 3 as my main computer (desktop bit the dust) since December, 2013, so almost two years. I'm keeping my Note 3.

So far, I am quite impressed with the Note 4. Running very smooth, faster than my Note 3, and (knock on wood ...) so far no glitches.

Had serious Bluetooth issues with my Note 3 (I have 14 Bluetooth devices). Have not had any problems with Bluetooth on my Note 4 (yet ...).

Battery life is pretty good, about the same as my Note 3 when it was brand new. I am going to get the ZeroLemon 10000mAh Extended Battery for my Note 4 soon .... Have been using the ZeroLemon 10000mAh Extended Battery in my Note 3 around 19 months which is awesome (can go for 1 1/2 - 2 days with medium use; 24 hours or more with heavy use).

I had to order a different Hub/Card Reader for my Note 4 since it only has USB 2.0. Transferring files via Bluetooth is a breeze, although very slow. S Beam will NOT transfer files from Note 3 to Note 4, and will only transfer files less than 1MB from Note 4 to Note 3, which will not work for me. I need to transfer files from my Note 3 to my Note 4 .....

Smart Switch does NOT work at all either way. So, I had to use the Bluetooth method for transferring files, until I get the new Card Reader/Hub for my Note 4, then I can connect my Samsung 1TB Hard Drive directly to my Note 4 (via the hub/card reader).

I like the new Navigation features on the Note 4. Camera is awesome, and much faster than the Camera on my Note 3, which lags terribly.

I really wanted the Note 5, but I need the Micro-SD Card Reader and removable battery. If Samsung does not bring back the sd card reader and removable battery, the Note 4 might be my last Samsung device ...

So far, these are the Bluetooth devices I've tested with my Note 4, with NO issues (yet ...): 1) Gear S smartwatch, 2) Logitech keyboard (full-sized), 3) Favi (mini keyboard), 4) Rii (mini keyboard), 5) Bludio headphones, 6) LuguLake speakers.

I would give the Note 4 a 10/10 +++. When I add the 128GB Micro-SD cards, to both my Note 3 (have only 64GB micro for now) and Note 4 (only have 8GB micro), and the ZeroLemon 10000mAh Extended Battery to my Note 4, I'll be cookin' on the front burner .....

Waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday for great prices on the 128GB Micro-SD cards .....

Forget Bluetooth issues, use this:

I have taken to using ASUS File Manager that links via the WiFi to my Desktop PC.

the transfer rate is phenomenal compared to waiting for the USB to get recognized, and then waiting for the PC file manager to load up the phone's picture gallery....

I can open the File Manager, click on Images, and the most recent pix or Screenshot is right there now..... long press, and touch to add as many as I want to the transfer, hit the 3 dots, select Network and gone gone.....

* File Manager ASUS - Android Apps on Google Play

Upvote 0
I've been waiting for note 5 till all the specs have been confirmed... what a fail... So I got the note 4 instead, and I love it a lot too. And my opinion about a note 6 (if will be released at all) is pretty much the same as many other people have, Samsung has to bring those (micro SD slot and removable battery) options back, otherwise will look for another brand with such features. The only thing I'm gonna to miss is s-pen

Reactions: GadgetJim
Upvote 0
Yeah, that is why I didn't get a new phone this year as Samsung took two steps back by omitting the removable battery AND worse yet, no MicroSD media slots/support. They want you to pay the big $$$ for the Note 5 with more storage built in. It's all about the $$$, not making it slimmer as they claim. I know a few friends of mine who opted for the Note 4 because of that just this past month. Anyways, if Samsung don't bring back those two features I will be looking elsewhere too. That will be first time in 8 straight years of Samsung phones. Lot's of good phone out there.

Reactions: GadgetJim
Upvote 0
I've been waiting for note 5 till all the specs have been confirmed... what a fail... So I got the note 4 instead, and I love it a lot too. And my opinion about a note 6 (if will be released at all) is pretty much the same as many other people have, Samsung has to bring those (micro SD slot and removable battery) options back, otherwise will look for another brand with such features. The only thing I'm gonna to miss is s-pen

The S Pen is one feature that sold me on the Note 3 and the Note 4. The Micro-SD Card Reader and Removable Battery are a must for me. I'm a power user, and do NOT like to use online storage. Although I do have lots of pictures on Photobucket and Facebook, and a few important files backed up on Dropbox.

I still using my Note 3 at home. My Note 4 is now my go-to deivice .....

If Samsung brings back the SC Card Reader, Removable Battery and also the S Pen, in future models, I will get another Samsung device. Otherwise, I too, will consider another brand .....

Upvote 0
Keep watching Black Friday specials .... Also, remember Cyber Monday ...

I'm watching for a good deal on 128GB Micro-SD Cards for both my Note 3 and Note 4 .....

You should watch Chief, he is always finding great deals on those things.
Just a couple days ago, he steered my wallet into buying a 128 gB card.

I just checked on it, and it is STILL available !!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W77C1W4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

$49 ?? unheard of

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Apparently, things just got more unheard of. Price today is $39.00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W77C1W4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

$49 ?? unheard of Apparently, things just got more unheard of. Price today is $39.00
Regards,
Eric.

I just ordered me up another one.
Just too handy to have around. My last one just got used up by my daughter on her ancient Sony laptop...
now she can edit her photos off of a very fast SD card instead of that old and slow rotating disk drive.

I tried to get 2 of them, but they reduced the order back to '1' as all that "is available".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones