My new phones were just delivered. Couple questions?General

Last Updated:

1. kpereyra

kpereyra Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 8, 2010
    So I ordered two new Droid Incs from Amazon last week and they were just delivered. The phones came with new phone numbers from Verizon. My wife and I are switching from TMobile and want to port our numbers. Do I just need to call a CSR and ask her to port them? Can I activate the existing numbers first? If so, can I use the new numbers for a while before porting my numbers from TMobile. I live in a poor coverage area and the only way I get service at home from TMobile is through UMA on my BB and my wifi router. I want to make sure we get adequate coverage with these phones before making the final cutover.

2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Yup I would make a call and have them take you through the process.

Although activation can be done by dialing *228 then following the prompts I would rather talk to a human even though it might take some time. GL and welcome to VZW and the Inc!
    kpereyra likes this.
  3. elrabin

elrabin Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010

I left my existing ATT number alone for a few days while i tested out the new number on my Droid Incredible.

Once i was satisfied with the phone and with service, i called VZW and they ported the number over in about 20 minutes :)
    kpereyra likes this.