• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My new stock++ 2.3.6 rom

I'll be finishing up the guides I'm working on today. Been courting the hell out of a gorgeous little woman down here, so she's been taking up my time, if you know what I mean. :p

As soon as I put it all together, I'll come through and let you guys know the new thread is up. I FLASHED my Admire over to Cricket, and have working everything, right now, though my signal here in the house sucks ass. It's not a PRL issue, though, it's just this damned house is well insulated. 5 phones from Cricket, Sprint, and ATT can't get signal here :p Again, the ETA for the guides will be, hopefully, this afternoon. Maybe we can incorporate the MMS.apk and proper APN into the ROM's we have available, and any NEW ROMs our resident dev's would love to grace us with???

Upvote 0
Again, the ETA for the guides will be, hopefully, this afternoon.

*12 Hours Later* :p

Maybe we can incorporate the MMS.apk and proper APN into the ROM's we have available, and any NEW ROMs our resident dev's would love to grace us with???

Meh... I'll work on a Cricket only Rom soon. Just need to finish my AWO Project and take a crack at a theme and you will have a Rom :D

Upvote 0
*12 Hours Later* :p

Bite me, I've been rather busy... landing a gorgeous woman is hard work, especially when you're competing with attention...

Also, I've been experiencing some issues with MMS. Data is fine, but the MMS has been spotty. Sometimes I can send six or seven in a row, and others it won't let me send... same with receiving them. I'm wondering how much of it is to do with the phone (i.e., APN/MMS.apk), and how much of it is Cricket being right bloody bastards because I'm using a flashed phone.

Upvote 0
Bite me, I've been rather busy... landing a gorgeous woman is hard work, especially when you're competing with attention...

Also, I've been experiencing some issues with MMS. Data is fine, but the MMS has been spotty. Sometimes I can send six or seven in a row, and others it won't let me send... same with receiving them. I'm wondering how much of it is to do with the phone (i.e., APN/MMS.apk), and how much of it is Cricket being right bloody bastards because I'm using a flashed phone.

There also could be hidden file size limits server side with Cricket. Try sending some small pictures that are under 50kb, then send some medium sized pictures around 500kb, then another large one around 1MB. If the first one fails, something must be wrong server side. If the second one fails it could be server side or just crappy 3G service. If the third one fails it could be a combination of different things, but its most likely crappy 3G. What speeds are you getting on 3G?

Upvote 0
Has anyone flashed playfulgod's universal mms fix?

I had thought this was a MetroPCS only fix??? If it isn't, please link here. I have been unable to get MMS to work fully, and I'm not sure why. I have the proper APN settings, the proper Vitality MMS.apk, and have all the proper settings in QPST thanks to GiveVitality, yet for some reason, things just will not f*ing WORK!!!
I've suspended work on my guides for the time being, so that when I release the fixes and info on getting Admire/Vitality users back and forth between Metro and Cricket, everything works out of the box.

Upvote 0
I had thought this was a MetroPCS only fix??? If it isn't, please link here. I have been unable to get MMS to work fully, and I'm not sure why. I have the proper APN settings, the proper Vitality MMS.apk, and have all the proper settings in QPST thanks to GiveVitality, yet for some reason, things just will not f*ing WORK!!!
I've suspended work on my guides for the time being, so that when I release the fixes and info on getting Admire/Vitality users back and forth between Metro and Cricket, everything works out of the box.

http://db.tt/tskhlx3I

Let us know

Reactions: DaemeonZane
Upvote 0
I'm going to try something.... see if it works better this time. Spz0 put out that EH29 upgrade, right?
Last time I couldn't get the PST tool to work with my phone, so I used ODIN to flash the upgrade package....

When it did, it caused my phone to revert back to it's previous MEID and ESN (long story... bought the phone on Ebay when I was on Metro, and couldn't get to a store to activate [it had a bad/stolen flag on the ESN], so I changed it to the one from my busted up Admire :p )
Anyway, after hours of frustration, I got it up, and like I said earlier, re-flashed OA.

Now, I'm wondering what will happen if I try to do it again, and then pull the actual stock stuff from it (MMS.apk, maybe any system files relevant to MMS). Do y'all think that would help our cause at all???

Upvote 0
My idea worked like a dream. I have MMS, but I'm on stock, no modification other than I'm now rooted. Besides the APN, MMS.APK, and my QPST settings what do you guys need to put this together and get an actual fix going?

With your device being a metro flashed to cricket, versus a cricket device with a ported metro rom ...im wondering if the fix will work for actual Vitality handsets?

Reactions: DaemeonZane
Upvote 0
is
With your device being a metro flashed to cricket, versus a cricket device with a ported metro rom ...im wondering if the fix will work for actual Vitality handsets?
I'm not using a ported Metro ROM. I'm using the official EH29 upgrade SPZ0 linked in
the forum, dude. We should be good to go, so tell me what I need to pull.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones