• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My New Updated Favorite Games List

flammenwurfer

Nov 12, 2009
I've posted in other favorite games threads, but I'm going on a little vacation tomorrow so I've been trying to find new games to play in the car. Here are some new ones I've found and like that I haven't seen discussed on here before.

Pokanoid - Combo of breakout and poker. The blocks you break are actually playing cards and you try to collect them as they fall to get a good poker hand. (free)

Panzer Panic - Tank battle game. Mechanics work well and has cool hand drawn style graphics. I'm not sure about the replay value of single player, but there is a 2 player mode where you can play someone on the same phone. (3 euros)

Pocoro - Another puzzle game, but pretty fun and free.

Mini Golf Wacky World 3D - A fun minigolf game that is definitely worth .99.

WordPops - Like tetris meets WordUp or Wixel. You find words in the grid to get rid of them but new letters keep getting added. (Free & Pay)

Pobs - It's similar to some other puzzle games, but it's pretty fun. (Free)

BitBlocks - The best tetris game I've played on android! It used to be cost a buck or two, but it's not even on the market anymore because the dev received a takedown notice even though he didn't use any copyrighted material. It's just not worth it to try and fight them. However, after emailing him and asking about it he sent me the apk free of charge and said I could give it to my friends if I want. If anybody wants it pm me.

BitWords - By the same dev as BitBlocks. It's similar to Wixel or Wordup but the grid pieces are hexagonal? is that right? anyways, so there are more possibilities for words because more letters are touching each other. Pretty cool. (Free and Pay)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones