My Next Smartphone???

Last Updated:

1. Blue1027

Blue1027 Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 9, 2009
    I am looking for some advice for my next smart phone. I currently have a Blackberry, and am ready to move on. I am interested in the new Iphone 4 or the HTC Incredible. I am a customer of Verizon, which is why I

2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    In my experience VZW is more solid, but no idea where you live and if that's true. Use their 30 day trial or get a go phone and test it out.
    Incredible is a very sweet phone though and if VZW has been good to you don't get hooked on Steve's kool aid.
  3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    The incredible is a great phone if you can find it! They are on a huge back order. My input would be to wait for the 2 new Moto phones coming up in July and August. The Droid X and the Droid 2 respectively. The droid X is a beast of a phone(4.3 display) that is going to be lightening fast. The Droid 2 will be the update to the Droid, with a smoother design, better keyboard, and a faster processor.
  4. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    I was in the same position a year ago- ooohh.... iPhone 3GS, but AT&T.... ehhh. But I went ahead and got the iPhone 3GS. It was amazing... when it worked. There is no doubt that AT&T has the fastest network, but the coverage is paper-thin in my area. So now I'm back on Verizon with a Droid.

I would check to see how good AT&T service is. If it works and you spend most of the time in that area, I'd go with the new iPhone. If not, DO. NOT. SWITCH. Otherwise, you're going to end up with a iPod touch that costs $70/month for starbucks wi-fi. At work I would miss 7 calls from my boss and he'd ask me if I had my phone turned off. I'd miss going out with friends because my apartment has no coverage and miss their calls and texts, it was totally unreliable. The reason why I changed back to Verizon is because I got fired and had to find a new job. I just did not trust AT&T. I did not want to talk to a potential employer and have explain why this is the 5th time the call dropped, or have the potential to miss a call.

I love the iPhone, and the iPhone 4 looks fantastic. But I'm so much happier with my droid because it works. I can make a call. As far as I'm concerned, the iPhone platform is dying because of one thing- AT&T. And my advice to you is not to wait for a Verizon iPhone.

I don't like the Incredible's screen. Not a big fan. I think my Droid screen looks better.