My Next Smartphone????

Last Updated:

1. Blue1027

Blue1027 Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking for some advice for my next smart phone. I currently have a Blackberry, and am ready to move on. I am interested in the new Iphone 4 or the HTC Incredible. I am a customer of Verizon, which is why I

Advertisement
  2. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

I just dropped AT&T after having an iPhone 3G for the past year. AT&T service has been getting worse in my area for the past 6 months. I'm on the low bandwidth Edge network in places that consistently has 3G service. many of my friends have been having the same issues. I came back to Verizon and got the HTC Incredible and love it. The DI is every bit as good as any iPhone and when Android 2.2 comes out for it, I think that even iPhone 4 will pale in comparison. Of course I'm very anti Apple. I only got the iPhone because at the time Android was still very new and there was no other phone that was better. Now, I have no regrets what-so-ever about switching to Android...

3. mkeath

mkeath Well-Known Member

AT&T's service is really hit or miss. Rural areas with good tower coverage generally have good service. I am currently live in a small town about halfway between Houston and Dallas and I only get like 1 dropped call per month. Metropolitan areas don't fair as well.

4. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really have to stick with AT&T because Verizon is still spotty up here in Northern Georgia...unfortunately the android support from at&t has been practically nil.

If I had decent coverage with verizon and the freeforall to buy my families phones with ETF's I'd switch to verizon now. Or sprint for the evo under the same circumstances.

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I hate both Verizon and AT&T. I just hate AT&T slightly less, and I really like the freedom in hardware that GSM gives you.

I also get a discount with AT&T through my work, but honestly I'd still choose them over Verizon regardless.

AT&T also gives me better reception around here, but that's because they took over the Unicel towers and Unicel (being a local company who could focus their resources in New England) kicked Verizon's butt in tower coverage. Your mileage may vary there though.

6. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Wait for the Droid X (Verizon). It will blow away both the Inc and the iPhone4.

7. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

If you have the option to leave AT&T I would certainly wait this month and some of next month out. Seems alot of neat things are afoot...heck even AT&T announced a real phone and that's like end of the world kinda stuff.

8. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

Eh.. I would wait...

While there will always be a new "standard" on the horizon..

At&t isn't going to announce any decent android phones until iphone ios4 has settled..

Now.. if your SERIOUS about getting on at&t and going android.. You could always get service without a contract type business.. I've even heard you can get contract service without a contract if you don't get your own phone..

SO yeah you pay 580$ after taxes and what not for your phone.. but, your not locked to any carrier.. and if at&T comes out with something you would prefer.. you have the option...

*Edit*

After reading about the captivate.. I'm still not captivated..

It looks like at&t is "adding" features which already come "standard" with android.