• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Next Smartphone????

I just dropped AT&T after having an iPhone 3G for the past year. AT&T service has been getting worse in my area for the past 6 months. I'm on the low bandwidth Edge network in places that consistently has 3G service. many of my friends have been having the same issues. I came back to Verizon and got the HTC Incredible and love it. The DI is every bit as good as any iPhone and when Android 2.2 comes out for it, I think that even iPhone 4 will pale in comparison. Of course I'm very anti Apple. I only got the iPhone because at the time Android was still very new and there was no other phone that was better. Now, I have no regrets what-so-ever about switching to Android...

Upvote 0
Yeah, I really have to stick with AT&T because Verizon is still spotty up here in Northern Georgia...unfortunately the android support from at&t has been practically nil.

If I had decent coverage with verizon and the freeforall to buy my families phones with ETF's I'd switch to verizon now. Or sprint for the evo under the same circumstances.

Upvote 0
I hate both Verizon and AT&T. I just hate AT&T slightly less, and I really like the freedom in hardware that GSM gives you.

I also get a discount with AT&T through my work, but honestly I'd still choose them over Verizon regardless.

AT&T also gives me better reception around here, but that's because they took over the Unicel towers and Unicel (being a local company who could focus their resources in New England) kicked Verizon's butt in tower coverage. Your mileage may vary there though.

Upvote 0
Eh.. I would wait...

While there will always be a new "standard" on the horizon..

At&t isn't going to announce any decent android phones until iphone ios4 has settled..

Now.. if your SERIOUS about getting on at&t and going android.. You could always get service without a contract type business.. I've even heard you can get contract service without a contract if you don't get your own phone..

SO yeah you pay 580$ after taxes and what not for your phone.. but, your not locked to any carrier.. and if at&T comes out with something you would prefer.. you have the option...

*Edit*

After reading about the captivate.. I'm still not captivated..

It looks like at&t is "adding" features which already come "standard" with android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones