1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

My next?General

1. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

It's been over a year since I've had my Galaxy Nexus on Verizon, and I'm happy with my device, but the reality that I need to upgrade is soon going to become real and pressing (I know, first world problem).

I don't see Google releasing another Nexus device for Verizon anytime soon... will I have to leave Verizon in order to have a Nexus-class handset? Can I justify leaving Verizon's network and reliability for a Nexus-class device? Do you see my sadness? lol. But really, :(

Advertisement
  2. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

I'll probably wait and see how the Galaxy S4 shapes up. Motorola might be cooking up something that will turn out well, which is being called the "X Phone". It supposedly is going to be based more on the Googorola relationship and is being made to compete with the iPhone and Galaxy phones. Maybe it won't turn out to be just another RAZR rehash, not that those aren't good devices. Being Motorola, I'll bet that it will be on Verizon.

But yeah, we can pretty well bet against more Nexuses (Nexii??) for those of on Verizon. And I really don't think many are going to leave Verizon just because of that.
  3. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

I'll carrier-hop to stick with Nexus. I went from T-Mobile (Nexus One) to Verizon for the Galaxy Nexus.
  4. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

I think Galaxy S4 will be the best all around phone continuing on the success of GS3.
    I also like the idea of Google/Moto X phone but they need to improve the camera badly. I have Razr HD now and it's great on battery, signal but its camera is sucks big, even worse than Gnex. Also Motorola typically didn't have cutting edge processing power against HTC, Samsung, but it changes with X phone hopefully.
  5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Assuming the program lasts that long, Verizon might see another nexus once VoLTE goes goes live. Part of the Block C regulations state that Verizon may not deny a compatible device access to their LTE network. As things currently stand, they can deny a device access to their CDMA network, so they have all the control. If Google makes a nexus that is compatible with Verizon's LTE frequency, and does voice/text over the LTE, Verizon won't be able to deny access. This all of course depends on the FCC enforcing these rules.
    zetroc likes this.
  6. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

Rumors say that the GS4 will have a 13 MP camera. That'll be nice for zoom cropping. I forgot about VoLTE. Think it'll be viable by the end of 2014?
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I believe Verizon claimed it will finish it's LTE rollout by summers end, and will probably make VoLTE go live by the end of 2013 in at least a few markets.
    Though given how so many people have signal issues, I would probably want my first VoLTE device to be Motorola to ensure best signal. What better time for a Motorola Nexus then at that point ;)
    zetroc likes this.