• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My nexus camera is working randomly...i get random restarts too :)

Fking

Apr 28, 2010
Well the same day i got my nexus, after taking few pictures, my camera basicly died, started to give errors or restarts the phone, then it was unable to get on at all saying it cant connect to camera.
I did factory reset number of times, nothing happened. I thought it's something hardware and forgot about my camera for a while, just to find today that it works again. I took lots of pictures without any problems, shot some video too.

Later in the day when i decided to try it again, it was giving the same error again as day 1 ("The camera application is not responding" and you can force kill it, then if go to the camera again, it says that it couldnt connect to the camera).
So seems like it's something software related since its randomly working, but if factory reset isn't helping, then what it might be that can be fixed softwarely?
I'm rooted now. Still the stock rom.

p.s.
the phone also restarts when i mount the SD card and start copying lots of files and randomly restarts at other occasions too, without any obvious reasons, even when just sitting.

But even with the SD card out, the camera still doesnt work, so shouldnt that be the reason...

Other than that the phone is great
hopefully its all software that can be fixed though!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones