• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My nexus one boot animation is delayed!

ajam100

Lurker
Aug 15, 2010
one day when I was playing around with clockword mod and selected restart adbd(I thought it meant the adb daemon but I guess it means something else) in the advanced options area.Well I consider my self pretty tech smart and "advanced" for a 13 year old but I guess things happen. Now when I boot my nexus one the actual boot animation(not splash) is not showing for the first 3 quarters of the boot up. Then I thought I bricked my device because the screen wasn't showing the animation for 20 sec. Then I saw the touch-sensitve buttons light up and then 2 seconds later the animation apeared only for 2 seconds untill my device was booted. I tried overwriting the boot animation in both /system/media/ and in /device/local/ ad it had no effect. I dont know what to do. I am rooted using universal androot because I want to be able to unvoid my warrnaty. So my bootloader isn't unlocked. I am running Cyanogen Mod 6 and am loving it so far! But I am wondering what to do? Should I re-flash the rom? I tried pressing restart adbd again and it did nothing? i have not done a Nandroid restore because it will mess up my apps that are on the sdcard if i restore back. I dont know what to do!?!?!?!?!:thinking:

Yeah, remember that doing a nandroid can never hurt!
Your problem is an odd one.. I don't know if it could have anything to do with universal androot, I've rooted manually without unlocking the bootloader.
Seems like the problem isn't your bootanim itself,...
You could spend a heck of a lot of time figuring out the exact problem, OR factory reset and re-flash your ROM. Always has a fairly good chance of fixing most problems :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones