My Note 2 is here (Quick First Impression) ... Full review will be posted soonGeneral

1. Ahmed Alzayani

Ahmed Alzayani Active Member

[​IMG]

I got my Galaxy Note 2 yesterday :) , very good first impression , I am an original Galaxy Note N7000 owner (and Galaxy S I9000 before that), so i will do some comparing between the 1st and 2nd Galaxy note :)

I still keep the boxes :p

[​IMG]

Quick First Impression

1. Glossy back (fingerprint magnet didn't like it that much), bit uneasy to open and close
    2. Fiting the micro-sim was a bit-strange (it don't seem to go all the way inside, not the normal clicking sound)
    3. it's looks very good from the front , bit heavy (not that much)
    4. Display is amazing
    5. Very fast and smooth UI (Jelly Bean doing it's magic ;) )
    6. Very fast and improved camera UI (shooting pictures is much improved experience )
    7. Much Improved pen with improved accuracy (now i can draw very accurately)
    8. good volume level from the loud speaker
    9. Battery level holding very good so far ...
    10. Touchwiz is much much improved
    11. hover function of the pen is amazing and usable
    12. Nice RGB notification light

Full review will be posted soon

Advertisement
    Wangta, treb1797, apjans and 14 others like this.
  2. JulyDerek

JulyDerek Well-Known Member

Congratulations !!!

But, how does it look Black???
  3. rajeevk

rajeevk Active Member

many many congratulations. I am dying to read its review. Please post it ASAP.
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Congrats! Eager to hear more.
  5. casarosa

casarosa Well-Known Member

I have mine coming by DHL to Spain maybe today or tomorrow here is a useful link about how to speed up the Galaxy Note 2 speed up galaxy note 2
  6. Ahmed Alzayani

7. puppy

puppy Well-Known Member

I got mine on Monday. I have come from a SG3 running Omega v27.1 with an overclocked kernel running at 1.6ghz,and I must admit that they are very similar in terms of speed and smoothness ,but the screen is the biggest difference (as you would expect).
    The battey life is so much better too!
  8. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

Anyone else think the call volume is a bit low? Don't see a setting for that, other than mashing the volume rocker during a call...
  9. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up and congrats dude! Eagerly awaiting any more deets!
  10. breadnatty08

11. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Got mine - voice recognition seems a bit hit and miss. tick options to enable voice control by double clicking the home button and it doesn't work. Does if you untick the box! Cant get it to work at all by saying 'Hi Galaxy' from the lock or home screen :(

Nice and slick though. Wouldnt say its much quicker. Accessing phone is quicker tho. there was some lag in the Note.

Only 4 columns of apps now as opposed to 5 in the note. Dont like this at all. It limits the amount of stuff per page.

Lovin the Flipboard app. And the notification light - about time too!

Its slightly longer and slightly narrower than the note. Makes it easier to hold and not such a stretch to use single handidly.
  12. chmodx

chmodx Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a picture of this phone side by side the Note 1.
  13. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    rajeevk, lcsolano, chmodx and 2 others like this.
  14. Thechidz

Thechidz Well-Known Member

doesnt look so huge in your hand, can you post another pic with you holding it?
  15. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Please post your experiences on charging. .

There have been reports over in the xda battery thread that the Note 2 ships with a charger that uses 2A instead of the usual 1A.

As that post indicates, 2A chargers are usually used only for tablets. This enables the Note 2 to be charge really fast.

TS
    dan330 likes this.
  16. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

17. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

Is there a way to change that font? Lol
  18. breadnatty08

I was curious myself and was wondering if the OP was already on a themed ROM.
  19. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

My guess would be that the OP has already changed the font. I can't imagine that is stock.
  20. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Its stock and can be changed in settings.
    Can't upload excel spreadsheet to Drive. Just fails....update..works now!
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  21. Ahmed Alzayani

The finish looks black from some angles.

My hand is somewhat big [​IMG]

I didn't take the charger out of the box , as i have ton of micro usb chargers at at my disposal, i will look into it.

No themed Rom, i was just playing with fonts from the setting
    JunBringer and Thechidz like this.
  22. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

The charger is 2a.

Just received an update to firmware ending 'h' and multi windows works now.not sure how to edit the standard list though?!
    dan330 likes this.
  23. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

please keep the info coming... love the added features. iPhans will be jealous for a long time. i sure hope sammy patented all of these new features (live and learn)
  24. geeingu

geeingu Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the note 3/4 :D