My old s4 broke need my pictures!!!Support

1. CAdams

CAdams Member

I recently got a new s4 and I forgot to get pictures transfered anyway I can do it at home? My old phone screen cracked so I'm unable to use it should I just take it to the store?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum:wavey:

If it's just your screen that's broken and your phone turns on you should be ok. You should just be able to connect your phone to your pc with the usb cable (if drivers are installed) and a pop-up will ask you what you want to do. Select look at files for transfer or something like that and drag and drop them to your pc

Edit: if you don't already have the drivers installed the easiest way to install them is to install kies

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP
  3. CAdams

CAdams Member

Okay thank you do you know a lot about s4 by chance I have another question?
  4. Shotgun84

No problem. I know my fair share but there's people who know more than me but throw it at me and I'll do my best. Anyway you shouldn't really worry about asking questions as I pretty much guarantee there'll be someone here who can answer whatever you can ask:)
  5. CAdams

CAdams Member

Okay cool, so my home button is acting funny, I always use it to get back to the home page but since I got a new phone I go to press it and it takes me to my recent apps I know if you hold it it'll take you there but I don't hold it I just want to get to my home screen any idea why it's acting that way?
  6. Shotgun84

Are you using the stock TouchWiz launcher or are you using a third part one like nova? If you're using a third party one it'll be somewhere in the launcher settings where the home button takes you
  7. CAdams

CAdams Member

I honestly have no idea what I have? I'm pretty sure stock?
  8. Shotgun84

Honestly if you're stock you've got me beat at the moment:dontknow:

Could you go to your honescreen and press menu and post up a screenshot or say what it says?
  9. CAdams

CAdams Member

Yeah what do you mean by menu I don't want to show you the wrong thing.
  10. Shotgun84

The soft key button to the left of the home one. Kind of looks like two lines under a hut
  11. CAdams

CAdams Member

It says add apps and widgets
    Create folder
    Set wallpaper
    Edit page
    Search
    Settings
    help
  12. Shotgun84

Yeah that's TouchWiz so honestly I'm a little stumped why it's doing that. I'm not going to say I'm am expert on TouchWiz as I've always used a third party launcher guy. The only thing I can think of is to go to menu, settings, more tab at top, application manager, scroll to your right again to "All" then scroll down to TouchWiz home and select it and clear data. You'll have to reset your homescreens again but honestly the only thing I can think of at the moment is a complete blitz. Maybe someone who's more TouchWiz experience might be able to chime in?
  13. CAdams

CAdams Member

It's still doing it
  14. Shotgun84

Sorry I really am beat
  15. CAdams

CAdams Member

No its okay! Thank you so much for your time!
  16. RKG

RKG Member

I've been using stock S4 for about 6 mos. A long press on the home button will take you to history. A quick press should take you to home screen. The difference between a "normal" press and a long press may very with temperature and mood of the phone. Normally if long pressed then a quick press will bring it back.
  17. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

I have no TouchWiz experience, but I will ask some smart folks to have a look.:)
    Shotgun84 likes this.
  18. CAdams

CAdams Member

Well its pretty quick when I press it everytime I press it, it vibrates like I held it which I didnt? Is there like a sensitivity setting or something it's really annoying?