• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

thecrock0984

Apr 30, 2010
Villa Rica, Ga
My only hang up on this phone is the physical keys. I think its nice with more screen. But I see review videos and can hear the physical buttons clicking. I had a Dinc and have another one ordered. Man they are both great phones. This X is sweet. I just dont know about the physical buttons. Any thoughts on the buttons? Thanks.

My only hang up on this phone is the physical keys. I think its nice with more screen. But I see review videos and can hear the physical buttons clicking. I had a Dinc and have another one ordered. Man they are both great phones. This X is sweet. I just dont know about the physical buttons. Any thoughts on the buttons? Thanks.

To be honest I dont really like them either but the more I use this phone I am favoring the X over the Inc by a lot..the screen and everything is just awesome..And when this thing gets Froyo I think it will be overall better than the Inc. But back to the buttons I think it would have looked nicer with the touch buttons an a optical sensor like the Inc but they are ok.

Upvote 0
Yes, I love the physical keyboard. My favorite keyboard was the keyboard on the G1. I looked at the original Droid but the physical keyboard keys were too close together for me to type efficiently and the on screen keyboard was new and not great. I find the on screen keyboard on the X to be pretty good, spaced out and I make few mistakes. Still not as fast as I was on the physical but with time I should be.

Upvote 0
Yes, I love the physical keyboard. My favorite keyboard was the keyboard on the G1. I looked at the original Droid but the physical keyboard keys were too close together for me to type efficiently and the on screen keyboard was new and not great. I find the on screen keyboard on the X to be pretty good, spaced out and I make few mistakes. Still not as fast as I was on the physical but with time I should be.

There not talking about the keyboard

Upvote 0
Mine's set to auto and the back lit works. It may not illuminate the back light until it detects the conditions to be dark enough.

Well, I was lying in bed with all the lights off, that seemed pretty dark to me! I was just running my fingers along the buttons and pressing them off of memory. I kept thinking "these have to light up, don't they". Once I changed that setting, they work as they should. I haven't switched it back since the update, but I'm happy with it how it is, so I am not messing with it.

Upvote 0
i know on the storm 2 the lack of buttons sucks hard core, a lot of times when i bress back or something like that it would register on the wrong one and send me flying... very annoying when on a phone call and trying to look stuff up at the same time

so when i saw the X was coming with actual buttons for home back ect i was stoked to me this is a move in the right direction.

Upvote 0
Well, I was lying in bed with all the lights off, that seemed pretty dark to me! I was just running my fingers along the buttons and pressing them off of memory. I kept thinking "these have to light up, don't they". Once I changed that setting, they work as they should. I haven't switched it back since the update, but I'm happy with it how it is, so I am not messing with it.

Same thing here. Weird. Last night, after playing with brightness setting, they were backlit.

Upvote 0
The quality seems about 8/10 but I do like the fact they are rockers. Not sure if that was intentional or to save a buck on a couple buttons but at one time it is only possible to press 2 out of 4 buttons, which is nice.

And yes they are back lit, normally a white light BUT last night I noticed the whole row was green, can't reproduce it but yes, they were green. I'm new to droid OSs and was just browsing around through the settings and toggled something, forgot what it happened so fast. Would be nice eye candy if you could manipulate the colors :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones