my only issue is YOU TUBEGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jlf378

jlf378 New Member This Topic's Starter

When I view videos it takes a very long time to buffer and when it does it gets about 5 seconds worth then has to buffer more. Is there away for it to download it better instead of stopping every few seconds to buffer more. This way it can be smoother. There has to be some way to do it my storm that didnt have no where near as much memory played them better.

anyone else notice this?

Advertisement
  2. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Nope, never had any problem. It may take a few secs to buffer in the beginning, since then it would be flawless, even on high quality.

3. slumpey

slumpey Well-Known Member

how can you make it where it defaults to high quality each time.

4. esn

esn Well-Known Member

When my WiFi is on you tube is great also no issues with 3g only when I am in a poor reception area does it get affected.

5. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

I would like to know too!

6. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

7. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Well-Known Member

When phone is on wifi, it defaults to high quality automatically. I don't think you can set this up if you are running 3g....I noticed on 3g when you click high quality, it is much slower and needs more time to buffer. Wifi plays flawless and quick.

8. dm33

dm33 Well-Known Member

When I go to a webpage that has a YouTube video imbedded, it looks like the video is being played by flash or something other than the YouTube application.

The way it plays seems slower, choppier. Not as good.

Is there a way to configure the browser to launch the YouTube application instead of trying to run it inside the web page?

9. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Well-Known Member

Ok I think this all depends on if you are connecting through Wifi or 3g for sure....If I turn off my wifi and use 3g to connect to the youtube player it is bad quality and if you change to high then it is slow....Wifi is perfect. Now I just tried Skyfire on wifi and searched the mobile youtube page and it worked perfect....I turned off wifi and used 3g to connect to youtube with Skyfire and then it asked if I wanted to youe the youtube player....I went with skyfire and it was the same quality and speed as the wifi through skyfire.....so if you're using 3g, then skyfire for youtube is great.