My opinion of the galaxy Y and yours?General

Last Updated:

1. Ellis456

Ellis456 Well-Known Member

Is that for it's price is a great phone, for the price and the features you get it's amazing, sure the screen it's not that big and it doesnt play the latest games but for me it does what I want as my first smart phone.

What I like about the y is that it's small and easily put in pockets and handled, the s2 is a big phone, I want an s2 but not yet due to the cost but this does me fine for now.

My y is now rooted, I have de-branded the phone, removed applications, made the phone a lot faster by freeing up memory also removing boot screens. Ive also got a 32gb card coming so I can then move all apps to sd.

I still need to unlock it!, other then that im very happy with it, my battery lasts ages now since i've amended a few things and I turn off 3g when phone is idle.

This will do until I can afford a s2. What is your opinion?.:)

2. phfire

phfire Well-Known Member

great phone. very handy and works fast after applying the latest firmware patch. sdcard disconnects was a pain. overall a good entry-level smartphone.
  3. draiyan

draiyan Member

yeah for it's price it's very awesome. others are complaining about the y, why just don't they buy galaxy s2.?! everything's fine, just do some soft tweaks and mods + large sd.. your off to go.,
  4. gadogado

gadogado Member

hey so what do u think guys i too want to buy a new phone so shud i buy this fone actuallly it is tooo small ! and wat about the games are the lagggy ? i have a htc wildfire many of the games are laggy in the wildfire so want to replace it !
    last question shud i buy galaxy y ??
  5. phfire

phfire Well-Known Member

This is a single core 800mhz phone. If you are into games i suggest you buy a model that has at least 1ghz speed.
  6. raccoon19

raccoon19 Active Member

I bought it because of the price. I guess you get what you pay for. I say firstly that I am new to this type of phone. I have used just the ordinary mobils where there are no bells and whistles. I did expect that I would be able to watch BBC iplayer on it but there is no flash player to download. I would like to know if there is any benifit of rooting the phone as I have read about a lot of people doing this and what benifits do I get from it.
  7. raccoon19

raccoon19 Active Member

Sorry chaps, I have just read the rooting post at the top of the forums and that makes sense to me.
  8. Lykel_pogi

Lykel_pogi New Member

Well for me, at first i consider galaxy y as a great phone , it was my first android device ,, i enjoyed it,,until alot of my classmates
    bought the same phone then i realized that galaxy y wasn't a really great phone..
    Almost everywhere i go i see a galaxy.. I began hate my galaxy y cuz i want to have an
    awesome unique phone

Then i began researchin and found out galaxy y is a low range device so i bought another
    Phone .. But i still use my galaxy y until now :)
  9. Lykel_pogi

Lykel_pogi New Member

Gud thing about dis phone is it's software that is easy to mod
  10. JoeHPSDA

JoeHPSDA Well-Known Member

Good budget phone but the lack of internal memory makes it useless for those who want to install apps (unless they root it).