My PC does recognize my Galaxy S2, but it also doesn'tSupport

1. TheGreatDavoo

TheGreatDavoo New Member

I plug my Samsung Galaxy S2 into my brand new Acer Windows 7 computer, and I can't open my Android files. Please help; my phone is almost full and I need to get its files onto my computer.

With my old Vista computer from 2008, all I had to do was insert the micro-usb into my Droid, then the regular usb into my computer at the other end, and then I could open "My Computer" on my PC and see the name of my phone there; I could then click on it and access all the files on my phone; I could transfer any files I wanted to between my phone and PC.

However, now, I plug my phone into my new computer, and that doesn't happen. My PC DOES play the sound effect it plays whenever a device plugs into a usb slot, and I'm using a wireless usb antenna thingy right now, AND my phone is charging, AND my phone is displaying that three-pronged wire symbol on the top of the screen. So I know my computer and my phone recognize each other, but I still can't access the files.

On my phone, I can pull down that dark-grey menu thingy and I see "USB Connected" with the subtitle "MTP-Connected" in the Notifications bar. I tap it... and then nothing happens. The dark-grey menu just slides back up and nothing has changed.

Why am I even bothering to make this post? The answers I'm going to get are just gonna be asking me if I did X, and whatever X is is always, ALWAYS something I did. The only other genre of answers are going to be "download this program software" and I'll download it, but then it won't work. I'll Google how to get THAT program to work, and the answer will be to download some OTHER software. And then THAT program won't work.

Why don't I just face it? My fate is already sealed. Once a software issue gets to the point that I have to Google it, 90% of the time, I never can fix the problem. I'm just going to have to never take any pictures or record any videos on my phone ever again, and that's just the way it is.

Advertisement
    :
  2. naith_kk

naith_kk Well-Known Member

How about the direct USB interface?

Settings | Wireless and Networks | USB Utilities

have you tried this?
  3. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

If you are already connected to MTP, you should be able to browse your phone through the PC. Just go to MyComputer on the PC. There should be a phone icon which you can click to browse the phone.

Alternative, USB mass storage mode would also work as naith_kk mentioned.