My PC wont recognize my s3?

1. chistoefur

chistoefur Member

Hello everybody, I'd like to ask for some help regarding my AT&T Samsung Galaxy s3. It seemed to always have an issue when connecting to my pc. The first time I connected it to my pc, the USB notification came up and I was able to switch between a media device and camera file transfer. But I noticed that when my pc said it was installing the devices driver, it took maybe 15 minutes until it completely failed. Now whenever I plug it in it just refuses to try and reinstall the driver and all it does is charge it. I was really hoping to root my device but since my pc is being difficult I can't seem to do it.

Is the problem my phone or my pc? When I plug it in, the USB notification still pops up and I can switch between what I want my device to act as, yet my pc fails to recognize it. Any advice on what I could do?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello chistoefur!

I would suggest uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling them.
    You can download the drivers from Samsung here:
    Support - AT&T Cell Phones SGH-I747 | Samsung Cell Phones

Hope that helps:)
    funkylogik likes this.
  3. chistoefur

chistoefur Member

Hello Mikestony,

How exactly can I find the files? Are they on my pc or my device? It said on my pc that it failed to install the driver so would it even be on my pc?

Thanks for replying! :D
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Ah, gotcha...I understand :)
    Just go to that link I provided, and download the driver file which I believe is an .exe file.
    Download it to your computer and run it to install the drivers.

Let us know if that works for you:)
    funkylogik likes this.