My Personal Sprint Rant

Last Updated:

1. Seddy

Seddy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I need to blow off some steam and I honestly think this issue deserves its own thread. So i'm sure alot of you have seen me go on and on about the fact that we're still on 1xRTT here in Shreveport... Well I was looking thru some threads and came across a post where someone held a chat online with a Rep about getting 4G in their area so I decided to test my luck... What a waste of time! :mad:

20:07:01 : Connected to sprint.ehosts.net

20:07:01 : Session ID: 1483150

20:07:01 : ****: Initial Question/Comment: Network upgrades in Shreveport LA

20:07:07 : Rachels C has joined this session!

20:07:07 : Connected with Rachels C. Your Reference Number for this chat session is 1483150.

20:07:07 : Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Rachels C.

20:07:35 : Rachels C: While I access your account information, can you please provide more details about why you’re chatting with us today?

20:08:13 : ****: Hi Rachels, I own a Samsung Epic 4G and I live in Shreveport LA. We've been running on 1xRTT for a while now and I was wondering if we will be upgrading to EVDO anytime soon?

20:08:58 : Rachels C: I will have that information shortly. Thank you for your patience .

20:09:33 : ****: no problem

20:11:08 : Rachels C: Can I please have the area Zip code ?

20:11:25 : ****: 71106

20:12:13 : Rachels C: Thank you .

20:13:13 : Rachels C: Thank you for your time.

20:13:54 : Rachels C: As of now, we do not have any information regarding the availability of EVDO in your area. As soon it is there, we will inform you about it .

20:14:12 : ****: OK, thanks so much

20:16:09 : Rachels C: You're welcome

So basically theres no news as of when we'll be getting the sweet taste of EVDO. Well I for one am pissed. Mainly because when I was working for Sprint I was told we would make the switch in October and a month has passed and we're still behind... Then today I find out that theres no news as of when we'll be getting the upgrade. This is just sad. How can a city with a Sprint Call Center, and so many Sprint customers still be on 1xRTT... it makes no sense! Especially when you can drive 20 minutes to the Texas State Line and hop right on EVDO like its nothing. UGH! Its time for another drink.

**end rant**

Advertisement
  2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

That's sad...

I wouldn't place a whole lot of stock in the fact that the chat person didn't have an answer for you. There's a good chance they were either a kid making minimum wage or possibly not even in this country. When they said hold on they were typing your question in the computer and it came back with no answer. You'd have to get ahold of someone in the network or engineering departments to get a real answer.