My phone auto backs randomly.Support

1. AngryOwl

AngryOwl Member

I have restarted the phone many times but I can't seem to find the issue. My phone auto backs at completely random times and I have seen this happen in Angry Birds, Glow Hockey and facebook app, so it has happened in every app I have tried.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Do you have a case or screen protector on it that might trigger the button?
    AngryOwl likes this.
  3. AngryOwl

AngryOwl Member

Yes. But I just loaded up angry birds and pressed everywhere on the phone and really close to the button and it never triggered. i don't think that is it. It may have something to do with the ads, but that's as far as I have gotten.

I haven't messed with rooting yet and I don't want to lose my info on a hard reset
  4. TheAtheistReverend

I would take it in to Verizon, especially since you haven't rooted. This is the first I have heard of this problem.
  5. AngryOwl

AngryOwl Member

It didn't do this before a couple days ago. And it only seems to happen in certain apps. Which is telling me it's a software issue.

How do you hard reset the inc 2 without losing all your data?

Edit: Update:: I noticed that angry birds has been lagging as well when it used to not

Edit 2: The mahjong game I have, it randomly pops up with a quick "loading game" popup and quickly backs while if I hit back it ask me if I want to quit or not. So It, whatever it is is doing something similar but different. It has to be a glitch. I checked the manual and couldn't find the part for a factory reboot.
  6. TheAtheistReverend

Settings>SD and phone storage>factory reset.
    It will be like setting your phone up for th first time. Just make sure your contacts are backed up with gmail or otherwise.

EDIT:
    you can back up a list of what apps you have installed on appbrain (in the market) and if you don't use gmail for your contacts, I believe you can use Verizon backup.
  7. AngryOwl

AngryOwl Member

A full reset worked and I don't have the issues anymore. Just kinda annoying having to reenter info.

I think the task killer I used did it, and I tried stopping it and removing it but it still had issues.
  8. TheAtheistReverend

Glad that worked for ya!
    :D