first things first:
    model# sch-r720 (samsung admire)
    firmware ver# 2.3.4
    baseband ver# s:r720.06 x.eh02
    kernel ver# 2.6.35.7
    build # gingerbread. eh02
    carrier - metropcs
    country -US

I recently set up my phone to tether using pdanet (also changed ro.tether.denied=true (true to false)), and it works well but since then the phone won't connect to google. In accts and sync background data and auto-sync are enabled and on the specific acct. all syncs are enabled. I can access play but i'm not getting my email and the signal type (3g with arrows) and signal strength bars are white instead of green.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hey there 5ifthman!
    Moved your thread here so the good folks can help you better!
    Welcome to AF and hope you get your issue resolved...:)
    As I am not familiar with your device, I do see that you have edited your .buildprop?
    Are you rooted?
    5ifthman likes this.
  3. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

try this see if it works:

go to manage apps, find the google playstore and the google services framework apps and clear the data for both. then go to accounts and sync and unsync your account by unchecking the top box. turn off the phone and turn it back on. resync your account and open up the playstore to accept the terms and conditions
    5ifthman and Mikestony like this.
  4. 5ifthman

5ifthman New Member

@mikestony, yes I rooted the phone, it seems when it's low on memory (<20mb) it disconnects from google. problem is I've removed all apps that I downloaded and stored on the phone and the space has been filled with core apps like maps...

@qandres12, I'll give that a try

thanks to both of you for the help btw....