• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My phone finally acting up!

Lozer_Kid

Android Enthusiast
Apr 2, 2010
Kansas, USA
http
I was one of the "few" users who wouldn't complain about the 2.1. update on their Hero and my phone was working fine, until I installed Launcher Pro. Yes, my phone become even more responsive and I was actually glad with the new home launcher. But for some reason after installing that, and even though my phone was more responsive, my phone ringtones wouldn't go off whenever I would get a text message or a call. Not even the alarm would go off and thanks to that, I've been late to work lately lol But anyway, I decided to uninstall LP and now HTC Sense launcher forcloses every time it tries to load, so my phone is sort of useless now because I can't even open any other app. I already did a soft reset, removed the battery and HTC Sense is still foreclosing. I've been thinking that the best thing to do is doing a hard reset, but is there anything else I can do to fix this without doing a hard reset to my phone? BTW, my phone has the 2.1 update, the very first one released by Sprint and hasn't been updated again after that and my phone is not rooted. Thanks in advance.

@Kelmar, Thanks that's pretty much what I ended up doing

@alex51, I tried reinstalling lau.pro, but I couldn't because the HTC Sense launcher would never finish loading. It would forclose everytime it tried to open, so I would get the message, I'd click okay, then it would automatically try to reload itself again, but I would get the forclose message again, so it wouldn't let me do anything else and I dont know if there's any other way to get into the app section or my sd card without going into the homescreen, so anyway, I ended up hard resetting my phone and HTC Sense is working again. Now I have to reinstall everything again... lol I wont be reinstalling LP though! I'm not sure if LP had to do anything with my ringtones and alarm not going off, but this problem certainly started happening after I installed LP

Upvote 0
LP should not have been the root to your issues, it may have been a bad install or a corrupted file, I have LP and it is working great for the past month, I thought I would miss HTC Sense but I love LP, I would say install LP first and then install homeswitcher to allow you to switch between launchers, and you can easily set either as default at a click, once you have it working properly then you can install your other proggies

@Kelmar, Thanks that's pretty much what I ended up doing

@alex51, I tried reinstalling lau.pro, but I couldn't because the HTC Sense launcher would never finish loading. It would forclose everytime it tried to open, so I would get the message, I'd click okay, then it would automatically try to reload itself again, but I would get the forclose message again, so it wouldn't let me do anything else and I dont know if there's any other way to get into the app section or my sd card without going into the homescreen, so anyway, I ended up hard resetting my phone and HTC Sense is working again. Now I have to reinstall everything again... lol I wont be reinstalling LP though! I'm not sure if LP had to do anything with my ringtones and alarm not going off, but this problem certainly started happening after I installed LP

Upvote 0
I was one of the "few" users who wouldn't complain about the 2.1. update on their Hero and my phone was working fine, until I installed Launcher Pro. Yes, my phone become even more responsive and I was actually glad with the new home launcher. But for some reason after installing that, and even though my phone was more responsive, my phone ringtones wouldn't go off whenever I would get a text message or a call. Not even the alarm would go off and thanks to that, I've been late to work lately lol But anyway, I decided to uninstall LP and now HTC Sense launcher forcloses every time it tries to load, so my phone is sort of useless now because I can't even open any other app. I already did a soft reset, removed the battery and HTC Sense is still foreclosing. I've been thinking that the best thing to do is doing a hard reset, but is there anything else I can do to fix this without doing a hard reset to my phone? BTW, my phone has the 2.1 update, the very first one released by Sprint and hasn't been updated again after that and my phone is not rooted. Thanks in advance.

It is probably the launcher install or any recent app. I noticed the same thing regarding the alarm today(good thing I am on vacation this week) and I recently installed....Zen launcher, Beautiful Widgets, Steamy Window (which is awesome btw). So it is probably one of those.

Upvote 0
Hmmm I didn't think it was an issue with LP, but at the same time, I kinda assumed that was the problem since this problem started after the many updates with LP, when I first installed the free version, my phone wasn't doing that. I decided not to install LP again, plus I kinda missed the HTC sense widgets and at the same time I miss the responsiveness of LP lol. I went back to HTC Sense, and even though it's not really that slow, compared to LP, HTC Sense does look super slow lol. Everything was cool until TODAY...

So I did a hard reset on my phone, and it was working fine and everything, and I don't have LP on my phone anymore, but HTC Sense is f**king acting up again!!! I don't know what it is. Now everytime I open an app, and then I click the home button, HTC Sense restarts itself although this time it does finish loading completely. It started doing it, only when I would go into my history calls/contacts, but now it's doing it whenever I open any app. It's starting to piss me off and I really don't want to hard reset my phone again! Ugggh!!!

BTW, I do have a Task Kill app (task panel), but HTC Sense is on the ignore list.

Update: It seems like now it's also doing it everytime after I wake up my phone... uggh...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones