My Phone got Hijacked ?

1. larollin

larollin Member

Ok, so this shit has never happened until now. I get home and as soon as I enter the door. My phone starts to play my music or a playlist. I only have maybe 3 apps/players that are capable of mp3. I checked them all and none of them are active. So then I check the running services and stop most of them. Music still plays. I couldn't stop it and the screen looks normal, no apps open.

Then I turn off the WIFI and guess what. It ****ing stopped.[​IMG] And.... thats not it. Two weeks ago yahoo suggested I change my password, that it was most likely stolen. I stay logged in on my phone. Then for some reason another email contacts had been added to my phones contacts list. She wanted me to check her email, so I added her account and signed in. After that everyone she had emailed ended up in my phones contacts.

Should I reset the phone? Is my internet at home unsecure or what? I have paypal,ebay and my bank account on this stupid phone. I mean someone could be following my every destination on Google Maps.

Advertisement
    :
  2. junebogey

junebogey Well-Known Member

Change everything possible through another device not your epic and not through your home wifi u should change your wifi password to
  3. simcha

simcha Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only one. I haven't been on wifi with my phone. Only a battery pull stops it. I'm not sure how this happened. My Google password is VERY unusual and secure not related to any words or numbers. I hate my Epic.
  4. Gavisann

Gavisann Well-Known Member

I have had similar experiences with Yahoo! Music Player and Pandora. If I pause either one and my phone reconnects to a different wifi network, the apps will start playing music. My solution was to just turn off the apps.