My phone is constantly displaying - "Loading Data".Support

1. EvilAndyB

EvilAndyB New Member

Hi,

In my notifications Tab I have an "ongoing" section above my Notifications, that says "Loading Data, Please Wait..."

Problem is that it never goes away. It's been "ongoing" for hours now.

My phone is only a couple of weeks old (HTC magic) and it took it's first spill earlier on, after which it was fine, but subsiquently it went dead & I had to remove the battery to re-start it.

I'm wondering if it's got confused & if there is some sort of hard re-set I can perform?

Everything else seems to be working ok - it's just starting to annoy me now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Andy.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I am not familiar with the Magic but I assume that in the system setting you will find a "Factory Reset"
  3. EvilAndyB

EvilAndyB New Member

Thanks - I'll have a look now.

I also notice that I've posted this against support for the G1.

D'oh!
  4. justjimjpc

Yes this is the G1 area ,,, there is also an area for the Magic .. so a moderator may end up moving the post ...
  5. EvilAndyB

EvilAndyB New Member

Thanks, the factory re-set sems to have fixed it.

Obviously - I have now lost all the apps etc that I had installed. Do you know if there is a way to back these up at all?

I'm thinking particualrly of ones that aren't free...
  6. justjimjpc

When you log backin to your Original Gmail account ... your Paid apps will be/should be in the Market Apps | My Downloads ... As "Purchased" ...

Just Download them again ...
  7. EvilAndyB

EvilAndyB New Member

Brilliant - thanks again for your help.
  8. MattBunn

MattBunn New Member

I had this and it is caused by the Weather Bug application/widget. It can't update for some reason and it shows this icon. If you like Weather Bug, just wait for it to go away, otherwise uninstall it like I did.