My phone is doing the dumbest thingGeneral

1. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

Ok so i added a new contact in my phone manually cuz it wouldnt let me copy the number and add a conatact for some reason? but anyways I added the number by hand and I texted the person. After awhile i went back and looked at the number who I texted and its not the number I entered its like 5 phone numbers long. So when I go look at the contact its still their number. Wtf is going on here?

Advertisement
  2. Turns out this smartphone...isn't so smart after all.

:) ----> :cool:

YEAAAHHHH!!!!
  3. lilbballer27

Apparently its not lol but that really isnt helping lol. Anyone have any idea?
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Don't laugh, but how dirty is your screen?

I found that some characters were repeating on my device, just double, not many repeats as you seem to be reporting, one day when I was sweating a bit after a workout and used it to text.

That's not a duplicate of your problem, but the only thing I can think of besides trying to make it happen again, and if it does head to the Verizon store.
  5. lilbballer27

no its not that the screen is perfect not dirty at all. its literally like 4 different phone numbers.
  6. Frisco

Yeah, I was half-way serious about that being it.. :D

It sounds like a software glitch, to me, if it's repeating like that and not a one-shot deal.

But one other thing: you mentioned in your first post that it "wouldn't let you add a contact number." I'm wondering if it got added more than once with your efforts to do that. It might have "taken" the first time, but with a lag in time after your second effort, producing duplicate results.
  7. lilbballer27

Maybe a glitch idk, but I never got the chance to attempt to add one.
  8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Sometimes my phone will switch a contacts name to someone else. Like my parent number, labeled as mom and dad, switches to my friends name in call history....weird
  9. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

delete it and re add it and see what happens, sounds like a glitch. Or modify something in google and let it push back down and see if that clears it up.
  10. lilbballer27

What do you mean modify something in google?
  11. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

yup just make a change, any change that forces a sync and see if it clears up.
  12. Still don't have a solution but I should explain my joke in case you are not aware of the Horatio Caine meme:

[​IMG]
    bjf88 likes this.
  13. lilbballer27

Lol nice i Understand now, but still need a solution to this problem. I am going to the verizon store today after work. Hopefully they can help me
  14. Frisco

They'll probably offer a replacement phone.
  15. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

something like that happened to me on 2.1.2 a lot. the name at the top of the messages would change. say i was texting annie. somethimes the name would change to, say mark.

was really confusing sometimes.
  16. lilbballer27

They told me to reinstall handcent because that could be the problem. I havent done it yet because they actually offered me the incredible but I did not get it because they wouldnt offer me the instant rebate so I did not have $272.
  17. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

This is actually a problem i noticed on Android altogether, not just the eris...

When i originally had the droid
    everything was chill and blah blah aside from the cam and keyboard
    well my first day at Penn State, i was meeting a lot of new people
    and getting numbers and participating in freshmen activities
    so when I would go look for my friend Emily's phone number
    and find her contact

it would have emily's, matt's, jason and Eddie's numbers all under one contact
    and even sometimes the other three people would sometimes actually be under their own name or not...

I noticed this a lot on my droid
    and sometimes on the eris.

But more so with the eris, i noticed hat
    when I would sometimes dial say "Christina"
    her number would pop up yet eddie's caller id pic
    would be under it...thinking im dialing eddie
    i would quickly hang up(although with the eris...there is no
    quickly hanging up)
    then try again and then her picture would be there

i think its an android thing
  18. lilbballer27