• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone is freaking out !!!!!

lgh1157

Feb 26, 2010
Love the phone . . . . . .

A few times the screen wont let me swipe down to answer a call.

Today the screen went crazy and starting moving all over the place, scrolling left and would not allow me to scroll back to home. It has done this a few times.. . . . . . . . . also, my internet has been freezing and i had to restart the phone twice today.

Has anyone else had these problems ?

Should i get it swapped out ?

The phone is great, its fast and as a "phone" it is killer, i just need these small "glitches" taken care of . . . . . . . . . should i reset, or delete all my apps, what are my options ?

Thanks !

L

I had The same problem with the scrolling screen and it just going down lists highlighting one thing at a time All the way down. I uninstalled a custom lock screen i put on and some other apps and it hasn't happened again. Im keeping my eye on it, if it happens again i'll swap it out.
If i was you i would check recently installed apps. Could be causing a problem.

Upvote 0
I had The same problem with the scrolling screen and it just going down lists highlighting one thing at a time All the way down. I uninstalled a custom lock screen i put on and some other apps and it hasn't happened again. Im keeping my eye on it, if it happens again i'll swap it out.
If i was you i would check recently installed apps. Could be causing a problem.

+1

Upvote 0
If your screen is scrolling and moving on its own, your optical joystick may be dirty. Make sure you clean it once in a while. My phone's screen was doing the same thing so I wiped off the optical joystick and it stopped.

Also was your phone sitting on a table when you tried to swipe down to answer your call? If you aren't holding it in your hand sometimes the touchscreen won't work. Search the forums for the grounding issue.

Upvote 0
Also was your phone sitting on a table when you tried to swipe down to answer your call?

^ i was holding the phone both times.

I also tried to get a friend to swipe to answer to see if I was the problem, but it didn't work for him either.

I deleted a few apps to see if it made a difference, i also blew some compressed canned air on the trackball, . . . . . thanks for the tip USMC.

L

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones