My phone is going haywire!Support

Last Updated: 2010-11-24 02:14:47
  1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of to fix my issue is to do a Factory Reset of the entire phone. I use the on screen keyboard 98% of the time. Here lately when I trying to send a text or email, it will CAPITALIZE words for no reason! No my caps lock is NOT on either. It will also start spitting letters on the screen without me even touching the screen. Also if I am typing out a word it will put 2-3 of the same letter when I only tapped that letter only one time.

If the factory reset don't work, I am not sure what to do to fix those issues.

Advertisement
  2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

Sounds like a malfunction with the touch sensors on the screen. Is it only when you use the keyboard, or when you use the screen in general?
  3. Chuck1906

Its only when I use the on screen touch pad for texting or emailing or anything requiring me to type. Another thing that my phone is doing that is annoying, say I am using one of my apps...it could be any of them, when i close out of of it and return to my home screen. My entire home screen is blank for about 30 seconds then everything re appears! That is annoying too!
  4. clove2873

clove2873 New Member

This is happening to me too. I'm ready to factory reset, too. My phone has even passed the text spitting into phantom actions, ie making calls! this is a major problem.... any suggestions for us? how would one address malfunctioning touch sensors?
  5. Chuck1906

Verizon claims the factory reset will solve the issue. I haven't done the reset yet. I do have "Back up my data and Automatic Restore" checked off so I don't know what I am waiting for! LOL!