My phone is...haunted ?Support

Last Updated:

1. VallenG

VallenG Member This Topic's Starter

So I leave my phone on the USB plugged into my computer, lock it, and it randomly turns on the cardock switches back off then on. I dont get it. Any advice? lol

Advertisement
  2. Esab

Esab Member

I haven't noticed what comes on, but mine randomly turns on also when plugged in to the computer for USB charging only.

3. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Something similar came up about a week ago I remembered.
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/157046-charger-changes-screens-phone.html

Are you using the stock cable that comes with the phone? Some people have reported problems with alternate/cheap cables/adapters.

Are you plugged into a USB port on the back of the computer? Sometimes the ones on the front of a computer are not configured as well or in the same way that the ones on the back are.

Maybe the front USB port is outputting less current that is similar to what you would get from a car charger. Or maybe it is USB 1.0 or something.

Fix:
    App Tray -> Car Panel -> Menu Key -> Settings -> Turn off Auto-Launch

EarlyMon likes this.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I recall reading that the car dock itself involves a usb connection with some pins shorted or something to that effect - the Evo senses that to go into the car dock mode.

Might try changing that cable out or verifying your usb drivers are ok by downloading HTC Sync if you're on a Win PC.

Mine kinda wakes up when charging, I never bothered to see why - maybe it gets new email or syncing or something I'm not paying attention to.

5. VallenG

VallenG Member This Topic's Starter

Its probably because Im using a USB that I found int he house as I forgot my actual charger at my friend's house and I needed a full charge as I cannot be without a working phone lol. Thanks for the help.

6. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's the cable for sure.

7. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

That red title sure looks snazzy with your name next to it now ;)

Yeah, from searching around a bit more, it appears a USB cable/connector with pin 4 grounded will cause the phone to go into the Car Dock mode.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-tips-tricks/136530-there-way-disable-car-mode.html#post1261421

8. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

I don't have the car dock issue when charging via PC, but my screen DOES come on at random times, and when it does, I notice the battery bar doesn't have the charging icon. I believe that's probably a feature to prevent overcharging or whatever. After that the screen would come back on randomly and start charging again, showing the charging icon in the battery meter.