My phone is possessed, someone please helpGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bcgudely

bcgudely New Member This Topic's Starter

I've looked for answers on this, but nobody seems to have a solution for the problem I'm having. Normally this problem is just annoying, but tonight it's made my phone near unusable.

To make things short, here's my problem. I use my Eris in my car a lot to listen to last.fm and podcasts, etc. I have an auxiliary cable that goes directly into the headphone slot to my head unit in my car.

When I plug it in, it shows the headphones logo and everything's fine. But for no reason at all, it will switch to the headset logo, as if there is a microphone. It will then start randomly dialing the last person I've talked to on the phone nonstop. I'll keep ending the call and going back to last.fm and it will keep dialing that person's phone number over and over again.

I'm really fed up with this, and tonight it even kept doing it after I rebooted the phone when I got out of the car. I believe it's the voice dialer, and I'm wondering is there anyway I can turn this off because it's absolutely terrible and is ruining this phone for me.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

sounds like you need to do a data reset, if its still happening take it to verizon and show them.

3. TTupa

TTupa Well-Known Member

Does this happen when you user regular headphones? If so, get the phone replaced. If not, then I'm not sure. I'd still bring it to vzw to look @. I think i saw this issue elsewhere, but i don't know the result.

4. bcgudely

Well I tried the reset thing and I can't get my phone to start up anymore. I followed the instructions and then it just sits there saying FASTBOOT and under it press vol down for HBOOT. I don't know what to do.. but I can't get it to boot up anymore. :(

Guess either way I'm going to Verizon tomorrow but now I have no phone until tomorrow afternoon :(

5. andrizoid

reset as in going to settings>security>factory data reset. i dont know what your talking about...

6. andrizoid

just do a battery pull and reboot like normal

7. bcgudely

I've done that. It still says Fastboot, and then I can select vol down for HBoot mode. From there it says I can fastboot by pressing send, but it wont do anything. Or I can recovery by pressing vol up, but that just sends my phone to a screen with a ! and a picture of a phone.

8. bcgudely

Okay I got it to boot up and it was reset and all. But the thing is still just spamming the voice dialer and opening my phonebook and calling people so I guess I'll take it in tomorrow and see what they can do. Something is clearly wrong here. Thanks for all the advice though guys.

9. DERIS12

DERIS12 Well-Known Member

i would just say take it to verizon a connection could be buggin out inside the phone

10. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

just wondering, are you running 1.5 or 2.1.
    If its 2.1 remember that all the leaks we've had are full of bugs
    if its 1.5 then I'd say you have an OS malfunction