My phone is stuck in landscape modeSupport

1. Sabresfan2630

Sabresfan2630 Well-Known Member

Today randomly my MT got stuck in landscape mode. I tryed to turn my phone off but that didnt help it. The only way to put it into portrait mode is to uncheck auto-rotate screen but then its stuck in portrait and it wont turn to landscape. Can anybody help me?

Advertisement
    :
  2. PhRe4k

PhRe4k Well-Known Member

Are you on the stock ROM?
  3. Sabresfan2630

Sabresfan2630 Well-Known Member

No I'm on froyo sense 4.0 ROM. I did a wipe data then reinstalled everything and it seemed to fix it.
  4. PhRe4k

PhRe4k Well-Known Member

Was going to suggest that :thumbup:
  5. MrMilchy

MrMilchy New Member

My s3 has recently become stuck in landscape view as well. I have turned auto rotation off and on, made no difference. I have calibrated it several times, no difference. Have to restart the phone to get it out of landscape mode. Then if I leave it on a bench for a bit, it goes back into landscape mode and stuck. even more strange, despite being stuck in landscape view on the home pages, apps in use will rotate.Think it started happening after the most recent software update. Unless someone has a fix, will have to un-install the last update.
  6. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

Huh- I also have an S3- good to know this issue is out there. Maybe post over in one of the S3 forums tho? Just a thought... ;)
  7. imabitfighty

imabitfighty Well-Known Member

he probably used the search to find the stuck rotation issue. the search spits back any relevant threads and he didnt check which forum it was in, just contributed to this thread after seeing the title in search results.

a person who has a S3 would not willingly find the MT section of the site to make that one comment in it, right?

i think the bigger thing to take away from this is that getting the rotation stuck seems to be common in the android software among different devices. i find that interesting. Ive had it a few times on my OV and EVO as well.
  8. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

Good point! I wonder if it is really an Android thing tho vs. a sensor issue. Regardless, it does seem to happen across phones (maybe even iPhone/Windows phone- never did a search on it).