• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my phone is stuck on boot screen

psyxologos

Jul 8, 2010
Lancaster, Lancashire
As I was using my phone yesterday (google maps) it suddenly restarted. The problem is that it froze just after the htc and beats logo, on my provider's loge (O2 UK). I have taken the battery out and re inserted but nothing happened. Any idea what might be going on? I am running the custom ROM that came with the phone. Any help is most welcomed! Thanks

All I can tell you is I'm running ICS (4.0.3) and Sense 3.6 with no bloatware (got it like that from Orange luckily, no Orange software on it at all) and I havent rooted it, in other words its the same as one you buy at an electronics store. I am one of the lucky ones that has had no problems with the phone... until now, Maps will crash and reboot the phone after about 2mins of use. So my assumption being it is an issue with O2's custom ROM, send it back to O2.

Upvote 0
I had another two 'freezing' moments. I put the phone on recovery and reset to factory settings. First time round worked for a few hours, and once I went to maps (which was recently updated) it froze again. I now reset it again, and put everything back a[art from the maps update. Let's see if this is what is causing it. If this does not cure it I shall take it back. I still have 5 months warranty on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones