My phone is telling me the wrong time!Support

1. MegatronVsMe

MegatronVsMe Well-Known Member

Not just the clock, on the notification bar as well. On the unlock bar and everywhere time can be displayed on the phone, shes showing about 30 minutes before hand. ive tried restarting my phone and waiting like a min or so 3 times and it didnt work!

Any suggestions??? tthanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Cactus73

Cactus73 Well-Known Member

Mine has done it twice since the maintenance update. Both times it was off by about 10 hours or so. I did a battery pull and the problem was fixed.
    MegatronVsMe likes this.
  3. Bagua

Bagua Well-Known Member

What clock widget are you using?

I was using Simi and it kept giving me the wrong time, removed the widget,but not the app and added beautiful widget and now it's fine.

Maybe remove and add again? Or try a different clock widget.
  4. MegatronVsMe

Its not just the clock. Its the whole time system. On the notification bar and everything
  5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

You can manually set the time in menu>settings>date/time
  6. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

if nothing else ever gets it right you may need to do a hard reset :(
    Bagua likes this.
  7. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member

same problem with my wifes phone. Tried reboot, did not fix and now just pulled battery. waiting on result
  8. MegatronVsMe

Thanks bro duder. Seemed to work, at least for now. Its been about 6 hours and its kept up with time
  9. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member

pulled the battery on mine and did not fix, worked for awhile but this morning it was off again. Have to set it manually until next fix comes out.
  10. bltserv

bltserv Well-Known Member

Same thing with mine. 10 Hours off yesterday. Silly thing thought it was in Estonia. Did three battery pulls. Within a few minutes it would lose its place and time again. Called Sprint. They did a network reset of some type on my phone OTA. Its seems to be OK now. But I bitched big time about the crap they threw in the update. Warned them about what happened to Microsoft when they tried this trick of giving you applications you cant uninstall. Cost them big $$$ when they pulled this prank on users. Sprint tech I talked to said she was going to management because she agreed with me about the bloatware potential liability.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  11. MegatronVsMe

Yeah, mine said it was in like comumbia or something. The battery puul has worked so far, more then a day now
  12. retmar

retmar New Member

Similar thing happening on my Sprint HTC Evo, for several months now. Every few days, the time changes dramatically, about 8-12 hours, and the location changes to places I admit I'm not sure where they are! Goes away with a reboot, but annoying, particularly when using phone as alarm!

I think these changes are the result of someone from that region hacking into our phones and that they haven't bothered to turn off some of the apps that display where their current location is. Anyone else think so? Is this documented anywhere?

(Note previous msg with location changed to Estonia -- hacking capital of the world.
    'Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!')