My phone is working too well

Last Updated:

1. Traviswf

Traviswf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm only half-kidding with the title of this post. But I was having a bunch of issues with crashes, lag, blue tooth, and 100% awake time. And now they're gone. The only thing is - I don't know why. And my past experience with the hero is that issues you THINK are dealt with, sneak back in when you least expect it.

I was experiencing issues even after I wiped my phone, then installed the official Sprint Rom (replacing the leak). Then I hard shut the phone down and was going to hard reset it again. But first, I swapped batteries. THEN did a hard reset.

Does anyone know if taking the battery out could have had any effect at all? I don't want to start an old wives tale about the phone if there's really no technical reason this should have done anything.

Whatever the case, I've re-installed all the apps I was using before. I've run every single program I could to see if there were any that would crash - and so far nothing has. I had wi-fi and mobile network turned out, my bluetooth connected and was using Google Maps without any problems.

I have yet to experience the landscape keyboard lag that everyone else is talking about.

The phone can still be a bit sluggish here and there - it seems especially when I have my bluetooth headset connected, the phone can take a couple of seconds to make a call when I push on an picture in the "people" widget.

But honestly - that seems to be the only complaint I have and I've been pushing the phone REALLY hard trying to replicate old problems or find new ones.

I still can't shake the feeling that SOMETHING is going to go wrong... eventually.

Anyone else experiencing unexplained effectiveness?

Advertisement
  2. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Seems like you're a lucky one. Enjoy it while it lasts.

3. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

Aside from BT issues. My music drops in and out randomly. I have had zero issues with the 2.1 update. Everything but BT is working very well. The only lag I have seen is when a call or text is incoming, then it goes right back to normal.
    I had the last leak installed and had some issues with it, downloaded the official from HTCs website, left the micro SD card in and installed it over the leak and its been awesome.
    Its wierd the random issues some people are having. Must be some reason for it though.

4. deedub

deedub Well-Known Member

My phone is just freaking awesome after the update. It does pretty much everything better and I am having none of the mentioned issues.

Now I want 2.2 :D

5. jeremysm1

jeremysm1 Active Member

I never rooted and have had the stock 1.5 and used the authorized HTC/Sprint update to 2.1. I had almost precisely the same issue as the first post...whereby the first day or so my phone was total crap. Slow, sluggish, non responsive. I seriously almost threw it through the wall.

But, I powered it down, removed the battery, powered it back up and its now where it should be--longer battery life, snappier and a lost more crisp. However, the bluetooth is worse. I've been disconnected so many times from my car connection that I'm frustrated.

I'm hopeful that they fix the bluetooth issue soon because that is the biggest problem that I have now. That, and the terrible antenna that's in the Hero. :)

6. Wiskid

Wiskid Well-Known Member

You know what... I'm going to agree with you. I'm one of the guys who opened up a thread complaining about 2.1. I was getting lag on the "Favorite People" widget, random reboots, and just lag in general.

But now, for some reason, I haven't gotten a random reboot in weeks. The favorite people widget lag is very minimal, I still get it sometimes, but not as often. The general lag problem is not nearly as severe as previously.

The only thing I have done is update PRL, update "Profile", and have rebooted my phone a couple of times. It does not make sense at all. Am I just getting used to the phone and am dealing with the lag better?? Orrrrrrrrr, did I uninstall an app that was problematic? Something has to have happened here...

7. Traviswf

Traviswf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well - my lag has returned. But it seems to only be related to phone functions. The "people" widget is mostly useless, as it can take 10-20 seconds for anything to happen when I press an icon.

I also have trouble doing anything once a call is connected. I just tried hanging up a call - and it wouldn't do it. My screen actually timed out - at 30 seconds! - before anything happened. Hitting "hang up" on the screen and pressing end did nothing. So I left someone a really weird message...

Anyone have any luck solving this issue with a soft reset, disabling widgets or anything?

8. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

I was only able to "help" the phone lag problem. I removed all HTC widgets, including the clock. Removed the Facebook for Sense account. Those things seemed to help the lag somewhat. I only have the Facebook, and TWC widgets on my home screens now.