My phone isn't sleeping!?

Last Updated:

1. ps255

ps255 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have BH Man 1.6 factory and my phone won't sleep anymore I read about some sleeping problem awhile ago and now I can't find it again could anyone help me get my phone to sleep! :(

Advertisement
  2. dglowen23

dglowen23 Banned

What all have u done? Usually all it takes is a reboot how often has this been happening

3. psz

psz Well-Known Member

Turn off "Use Wireless Networks" in Settings -> Phone

This should fix your sleep problem (Or at least help it)

4. eschnit81

eschnit81 Well-Known Member

I too am having an issue trying to get the phone to sleep. However, it seems whatever I do to attempt to correct the problem doesn't work. I'm running windows 7 32bit, I have the drivers installed, odin is working as is adb. I've used all the no-twiz 1.6 roms, as well as r8-812. I've pushed the batterystats.bin file, and the services.odex file which was supposed to fix this problem. And what frustrates me even more is that when I first flashed to r8 the phone slept just fine, so now I don't know if there is something I'm doing wrong at this point, or if the phone itself is somehow screwed up. I have been lurking on these forums for some time now, and I've been reading non-stop on how to fix this problem, and I am now at my wits end. Any help or insight to this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

5. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

Does this happen after a phone call to 611 or voicemail only? Try using Task Manager from the market and kill everything after your call and it will work once again. (I have found only task manager from Rhythm Software to work).

Thank rleal2010 for the tip not me.

6. eschnit81

Actually, I don't have to do anything to the phone and it won't sleep. After my last post, I flashed to r12, let the phone boot up, unplugged it, shut it down. I rebooted, let it sit for fifteen minutes exactly, and it wouldn't sleep. I booted to recovery, did adb push batterystats to /data/system, pushed services.odex to /system/framework, rebooted. I let it sit again for fifteen minutes exactly, and still not sleeping. Grrrr. I rebooted again, let it sit for fifteen minutes, and STILL, not sleeping. I haven't even signed into google yet, no apps downloaded, nothing. Real bummer, huh. And I suffer this horrible fate regardless of what rom I flash to. Any ideas?

Update: booted to recovery, waited ten seconds, hit menu, let phone boot up. Waited 8 minutes, not sleeping.

7. mwl1119

Did you try Task Manager yet?

8. eschnit81

I have tried several task managers and task killers, including the one you have mentioned. None of them seem to correct my problem. Currently, however, I do not have any apps loaded on the phone.

9. mwl1119

Sorry I am as clueless as you then. Try running a virus scan via USB if you have Norton 360. Sorry I can't help further.

10. eschnit81

I don't have norton on my pc currently, but I think I can get a copy from a friend, so I'll try that then. Thanks anyways for trying. I remember reading in another thread that the sleeping bug has something to services.odex, at least in the case of Galaxy. Thats why I'm so dumbfounded now because its happening even with stock 1.5, stock 1.6, rooted stock 1.6, and all the no twiz roms. Maybe a virus would explain this, however I thought that flashing a pda file to the phone with pda format checked in odin would wipe the phone clean before writing to it....

11. eschnit81

I GOT IT!!!!! After a long day of troubleshooting, I finally managed to get the phone to sleep last night. I traced the problem back to my sd card. Seems when I partitioned my card using recovery, after I had copied all my info back to the card using the phone, it wouldn't sleep. No matter what. So I plugged a blank card into the phone, rebooted, and ta da!!! It sleeps. So I plugged the phone back into the pc to once again drag and drop, only when I was finished and rebooted, I once again have the issue. So I shut down the phone, removed the card, and plugged it into a card reader. I deleted all the data, then copied it all back to the card again. Stuck the card back into phone, boot up, and it is sleeping again. I now have all my stuff on the card as before, all my apps are loaded, etc., and the phone sleeps like a baby.

So to summarize, at least in my case, if you drag and drop to the sd card using the phone( plug phone in, select "mount usb") you will have problems. If you use a card reader, you should be all good. I hope this helps out with some of those people who are still plagued by this problem.

12. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Funny, as I have pulled the sdcard & mine still didn't sleep after a Call!!

13. ylopez2007

ylopez2007 New Member

This worked for me.Thank you!

14. remixulus

remixulus Active Member

There are a few ways to correct this...

Ones I've used:

Turn off wireless networks (makes GPS locating much slower), reboot, turn it back on and then off again, reboot.

I got sick of long GPS load times when using Foursquare, so I turned it back on. Now, I have Advanced Task Killer installed, and set to kill all apps (besides messaging and gmail) on crazy, any time the screen is turned off. This enables whenever I lock my phone or it times out to turn off the screen.

15. mituan

mituan New Member

I've just upgraded to 2.2 on Desire, I used the juicedefender app to prolong battery life slightly and with normal use would last 1 - 1.5 days. Since upgrade the longest it has lasted it 7 hours. Something is seriously wrong, even on standby with nothing on overnight it still drained at an almost maximum rate and was dead by 7 am. Not happy.

16. suyash1

suyash1 Well-Known Member

you would likely get more help from the desire forums rather then the bh2